Chapter One | Sarah Calderon

Warning: Bullying is heavily directed in this chapter.

Sarah Calderon

"Please!" I pleaded in hopes of an end.

My cries sliced through the air. "Stop. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!"

I didn't even know what I was apologizing for. Being ugly? Being in their school? Existing?

"Looks like the nerd is scared." Taunts Trisha. My arms were being held by my sides because of her two show poodles. The hallway was crowded and people just watched.

Of course no one would help. This was Trisha. THE Trisha. You don't mess with her. Somehow though, I got in her way.

I was trying to twist away from their hold but I was pathetic. Weak. The burning of the hand held lighter coming closer to me held by none other then Trisha herself. She liked to do things herself.

I turned to the side looking at the crowd with pleading eyes. Some people sent looks of sympathy, others with disgust, then the blank faces were the worst. If it wasn't them then they didn't care. No one lunged out to stop her.

Before a second thought I felt my t-shirt being pushed down my left shoulder. My collar bone exposed for the flames. She smiled evilly at me then pushed the hot sensations to my skin. It was just a pinch at first but after awhile it burned.

An ear pricing scream left my mouth. Something I never knew I could make. Sounds of agony taking away too much energy. They didn't last long as one of the poodle girls wrapped an arm around my head and covered my mouth with her free hand.

"Shhhh..... We don't want anymore company now do we?" Trisha's voice sickening sweet. Tears were uncontrollably falling from my face. It hurt. I tried to look down but the poodle held my head in place.

They wanted to show the crowd my expressions. "Sarah dear. We just want to help. You have a nasty freckle here that just.... Well it has to go." Trisha spoke gingerly like she was trying to convince me what she was doing was for my own good.

I was mumbling behind the hand, begging her to stop. I struggled in the girls arms but nothing helped. They were keeping me there. Then the bell rang, signaling class was about to start. The crowd dispersed slowly, avoiding Trisha's eye contact.

I was silently begging she would drop the lighter. Leave me alone. Luck must be on my side when she had removed the lighter. "Aw. Look at that. It looks almost like a hickey, but shinier and wetter. Too bad you've never experienced one. Maybe if you did, it wouldn't have hurt so bad."

I nodded slightly trying to show her that I agree and I'm not mad nor will I tell on her in hopes of my release. Instead she smirked. "Come along girls."

With that command the girls pulled me down the hall. We walked by many classrooms and a door came up that we stopped at. The janitors closet. Please no. I started to squirm again and mumbled against the hand placed over my mouth. Tears came back and I was trying to go back. Turn around.

Trisha opened the door and the girls threw me in. The poodle that held my mouth, Amber, walked in with me. I sat on the floor legs bending closer and my arms supporting me. I looked down trying to stay obedient so no more harm would come.

Seconds later cold smelly water was poured on me. The mop bucket lay empty beside me now and the door was slammed closed til I heard the lock click in place.

The water made me shake from the coolness and my burn burnt more from the impact. I looked down at my collarbone quite awkwardly to see that it was red but slimy looking. It'll leave a scar for sure to match the rest of my collections. This wasn't the first time they've done this. No.

Every single day since 5th grade I have been bullied and tormented. This being my freshman year it got worse. To the point of physical pain. They've done everything from putting my hand in a blow dryer to half drowning me in the toilets. Sometimes guys were involved.

I waited there until the janitor came to set me free. He tried to ask questions or even help but I was too ashamed. I was embarrassed. Everyone had seen me. Had seen me be completely deprived of freedom and self respect. I walked home wet and without my backpack long forgotten in the hallway. Once to my house I closed the door and locked it to take a shower carefully cleaning my new burn.

I fell asleep before my dad made it home.

The next day I got up out of bed to prepare for school. I cleansed my burn mark first then brushed my teeth and hair. I didn't bother with makeup anymore telling that I would most likely be crying again. Today was a football game. The pep rally would be held last period and I wouldn't have to worry about them until Monday. I dressed into some leggings, tshirt and my trusty toms.

Classes passed by quickly and surprisingly Trisha and her follower poodles hadn't touched me today. But of course, I always speak too soon.

"Hello everyone!" Trisha yelled over the speaker as head cheerleader she leads the pep rally's. Cheers erupted around the gym while I just slouched down in the corner trying to stay invisible.

Trisha's eyes searched the room and once they fell on me she smiled. I gulped and looked away hoping it was my imagination. She looked towards a football player named Trey and did a small nod in my direction. We made eye contact and a shiver of fear went down my spine.

Trisha continued to talk about the football game tonight and asked the teachers to go outside for her surprise. The principal had made a deal to ride a motorcycle into the gym if we raised a certain amount of money. She asked the teachers to help with a special activity she had planned so they all left.

Trey snuck out of his seat and made his way to me. He walked up the bleachers not leaving my eyes and once he reached me he bent down.

"Trisha is sorry and wants to apologize. She left you a surprise outside the gym." I nodded not wanting to upset Trisha anymore. "O-okay." I stuttered. My body visibly shaking as I followed him down the bleachers and out the doors.

Just as we exited he pinned me to the wall and covered my mouth. "Don't scream." I wiggled in his grip hoping to get free but he was stronger and bigger then me. My 4'9 frame had no chance with his 6'2 frame. I was scared. Usually Trisha was here but now it's just him.

Before I realized what happened I felt a breeze on my stomach. I looked down to see my clothes ripped and on the floor while I stood there in my bra and panties. Oh please no. Trey smiled at my body and picked me up over his shoulder.

"Stop. Let go!" I screamed while hitting his back but it was too late. He had dropped me on floor in the center of the gym. All the cheers came to an abrupt stop. Flashes from cameras went off and I was paralyzed.

Woof whistles went around the gym and others yelled "wh@re".

"You see everyone. She's nothing. Has no dignity. Is she even human? Your just a waste of space Sarah. Look at you. Skin and bones. Granny underwear and are those A cups?" She sighed shaking her head. "What a shame."

Her words hit me hard. What did I have to offer this world? I was a waste of space. No one likes me and I was here just to pain their lives. I've never felt so down graded. Utterly exposed. I stood up quickly and ran out of the gym and into the hall.

I couldn't go outside dressed like this? I was hideous. Think think. Could someone pick me up? No. I had no friends. No parents that would leave work. Nothing.

I ran back to the janitors closet I was kept in yesterday. I open the trash bag and tied it above my right shoulder to make a dress type thing then walked home feeling more covered.

It's official.

This was the worst day of my life.

Vote

Comment

Fan