Chapter Eight | Put me down

Sarah Calderon

                  I'm just trying to enjoy my lunch in the library while reading a good book when all of a sudden the library doors slam open. In comes Briar followed by his other jock friends heading straight for my table. Any rational person would've peed their pants a little at the pace they were heading but of course I'm a strong independent wo- Ah!

"Briar, put me down right this instant!" I shout, knocking my fists into his back.  What type of man comes tramping into a room to kidnap and innocent girl all caveman style?

Briar slaps my as$ and adds, "shush princess, you don't want to catch any attention from Mrs.Pearls now would you?" I looked over to where the librarian is supposed to be only to find her dead asleep in her chair! What the heck! She's sleeping while a teen girl is getting kidnapped on her watch. How could she!

I was about to yell at her when Trey put his finger to my mouth, "we don't wanna wake her up and give the bad boys detention, now would we Katie?" I shove his nasty finger away from me and glare at him. Oh I hate trey with a burning passion. The memory of him showing my naked body to the entire school still burned into memory.

"Alright, is that all her stuff?" Briar asks simply. The guys nod heading to the door with my backpack, papers, books and lunch. Why me?

Maybe they're going to throw me in a dumpster again. Or strip me nak-stop. Calm down. Don't freak out just stop. It never helps to squirm or freak out. Just take whatever they throw at you and walk away. Like always.

To my utter surprise Briar plopped me down right onto his cafeteria seat while squeezing in beside me. A few jocks sat at the table along with some cheerleaders. No. What are they going to do?

Briar looks at me with a curious gaze. I feel like he can read into my soul so I look away shyly. His arm tugs around my shoulder and brings me to his side, "guys, this is Kate." He grins at them like a little kid that just found himself a new toy. I look around curious to know if they recognize me or not. I did used to sit here once upon a time. Until I messed everything up.

To my surprise, Trisha was the first to speak, " we don't adopt pets Briar." My blood runs cold. This was a bad idea. Really bad. I tried to squirm away but briar pulled me closer.

"She's our new friend." Briar squints his eyes angrily. Daring her to taunt him again. She gets the message and shuts up. Everyone else soon deemed it safe to speak then introduced themselves to me separately, not knowing that I already knew who they were.

" I'm Claire and this is Julian, my boyfriend."

"Abbey"

"Noah."

"Blayne, Briar's left hand man." Blayne said with a wink at my direction. My cheeks instantly flamed up. He was new sophomore year. I've never officially met him.

Then the demon spoke, "and I'm Trey, Briar's right hand man and best friend." He winked too but instead of my stomach doing flips, I felt like puking.

Trisha spoke up after trey, "now that that's done we all know you already know me and my girls so Briar, can you please explain why's he's here?" She blinked expectantly trying to be cute but really she looked like a little girl that put on all the makeup she could find.

Briar growled lowly at her bringing me into cuddle his chest more. "She's our friend." My eyebrows perked up. No. No nope not happening. Getting close to these people will blow my cover. Everything will blow up in my face.

Abbey cleared her throat, "um I'm sorry, Briar can you please stop suffocating the poor girl so we can get a name out of her?"

He must've realized I was a little to close for personal bubbles because he immediately released me giving me space.

I breathed out a hopefully believable smile," I'm Kate".

And that was my beginning to the popular table.

Comment

Vote

Follow