Chapter Twenty-Four | Replay

Sarah Calderon

I had lost Briar after he left the gym. Trisha took up too much time but I couldn't help feel guilty. I didn't even get a chance to explain. Knowing that this is my last chance, I went back to the place that pretty much started this. Briar's house.

Once I had met his driveway, I knew he was home by his bedroom light on and car in the driveway. I also knew he was home alone so I did the only rational thing in this type of situation and walked into his house without knocking. I quieted my footsteps so I didn't scare him off before I swung his bedroom door open.

My eyes widen by the apparent messy room. Books, blankets, shoes, clothes, everything was all over the place. It looked like a tornado blew threw here. My eyes fell on Briar's figure slouched down beside his bed, back against the wall. His fingers we're twiddling something in his hand. I stayed in the doorway, afraid that if I moved he would become a deranged animal and speed through the exit.

"Kate." His voice broke through the silent room and a fake chuckle followed. "I should've known after you not telling me about being pregnant with my kid that you were a liar."

I flinched from hearing that but knowing I deserved it. "Are you even going to say anything? This whole time I was opening up to you, having fun with you, falling in love with you... You were just laughing every time I turned around."

My hands flew up as if I was trying to stop his train of thoughts, "No! That's not it at all. You don't-"

"I don't understand?" He cuts me off standing up. "Is that what your trying to tell me? I saw the video Kat- Sarah! I understand perfectly well what you were running from but to me you just took the chickens way out. In the process of doing that, you hurt people. After everything we went through, you didn't even think about telling me the truth did you!" His voice rose up to a yell by the end of his sentence and I flinched back as he made his way towards me.

I snarl at him in return, "don't even act like your better then me. I can't even count the amount of girls you hurt... Deflowered just to get a stupid name of yourself in high school. Isn't it time to grow up?"

His arms reach out and grab my arms then he pulls me to the wall beside the door effectively making me step on clothes and etc down at my feet. His body comes up against mine tightly and melts my small frame against the wall. I looked down at his right hand and saw the bracelet he had tried to give to me.

"Do you remember this position?" His voice came back to his normal tone as he starred deeply into my eyes. I nodded in answer. Our first "date". The night I gave him all of me. "You told me so many things that night, like your favorite thing to do is read, remember?" I nodded afraid to speak.

"That's not your favorite thing is it?" Suddenly the world felt silent and felt as though I had a bigger audience then intended. My throat felt dry and I gulped loudly shaking my head no as his answer. "Your body. The scars. They're from-" I nodded my head yes in confirmation putting my hand over his mouth to keep from saying her name.

My shoulders felt 100 times heavier all of a sudden. "So I really knew nothing about you." His statement made me shrink back slightly. I hadn't realized all my lies were piling up so fast and hitting me like bricks all at once.

He suddenly cut off my thoughts with a kiss. This kiss, however, wasn't like the others we have shared but more like the very first kiss we ever had against that wall. It was that hungry kiss shoving his tongue down my throat. He squeezed my a$$ silently asking me to jump up which I did wrapping my legs around his waist.

I tried to back out of the kiss but every time I found myself too entranced to do anything. I mumbled between kisses, "We should... probably... Stop." His kiss after that took my breathe away and he pulled away to reply, "You First."

I smiled into the kiss remembering that day and how it played out afterwards. It seemed he was making us relive it, as off he was meeting me for the first time all over again. We were replaying where he first met Kate but now he's meeting me, Sarah Calderon.

And that night we did everything the same except we remember the condom.

Warning: This isn't even close to over, don't expect butterflies and rainbows so soon;)

You'll see what I mean.

Comment

Vote

Follow :)