Chapter Seven | Secret #2

Sarah Calderon

                     I really had no clue on what to do. I just knew that I had one more year of high school. One more. And I had to go fu€k up. Why did I do it?

Because you wanted a friend. Even if he was pretending.

Shut up conscience. I hat this. I hate me. How am I suppose to survive now. I'm Fu€king pregnant ! PREGNANT! Me. I am.

No.

Maybe not? I don't know, what if it's wrong!

But deep down inside, I know it's not. Memories flash from the night with Briar. I was so scared for my scars to be noticed that I didn't even think about using a condom. How could I be so stupid. But wait. Why didn't Briar think of it! Dammit! He's the player and can't even remember his number one Moto.Don't get he girl pregnant! What do I even do?

---

Walking into school on Monday, I talked myself into calming down. We will play it by ear. Right? Yeah. Okay. Do your casual everyday thing and

WHACK!

Who the fu€k put a wall here! My but swells with numbness and I drop my glasses to the floor. My books spread across the school hallway and I can't help but feel embaressed by my inability to see a wall even with glasses. I quickly scramble all my things together back into a pile and grabbed for my glasses but at the same time another hand reached them first.

Nope. Not a wall. The strong lean hand only led up to a more muscular arm which belonged to none other then Briar Matthews himself.

I quickly snatched the glasses from his hand not missing his questionable gaze. Once I put them back on a breathe of relief hit me. Thank goodness, no one noticed. I don't care if they're just glasses and don't do much, to me they're my invoke shield that hides my true identity.

I stand up quickly along with all my books and papers. Briar doesn't miss a beat and stands too. Don't make this awkward. Don't make this-

"So how's the weather up there?" Yep. I said it. I said the most cheesiest, corniest, dumbest- my mini rant is cut off by his glorious laugh. My insides crumble at such an angelic sound and I can't help but stare in awe at how cut his face scrunched up. The small wrinkles beside his eyes and the way he tilts his head up slightly. It was so mouth watering.

"You sure are something else." Briar states coming back to reality. I nod slowly trying to keep my mouth shut from making another dumb comment. His tall structure towered over my small frame and I felt like a sheep being hunted by a wild wolf. Just walk away I decided making step around Briar and then stopping. Wait no that's rude.

"Going somewhere?" Briar's comment snaps my thought shut. I look up to him to find his signature smirk.

Don't stutter, "I- uh- no?" Great. Great going Sarah. What's gotten into you. My gaze suddenly catches all the people staring our way. Sh!t. "Look uh, it was nice talking to you." I rushed out in hopes of leaving without drawing too much attention and headed straight for the library. My safe heaven.

----

Briar Matthews

I can't help but smile at Kate as she quickly stumbles away like a scared gazelle. I know she doesn't like attention, but all I wanted to do was appologize for hitting her. Appologize? Damn what the fu€kid happening to me? I don't appologize. She just looked so innocent and hurt- snap out of it Briar. Reputation to keep. Speaking of, I won the bet of course which officially makes me the bad boy/player of the school. Every guy practically bows down to me and every girl practically wants to jump my bones.

Except one.

As Kate quickly turns a corner, a frown meets my face. What is with that girl? Why did she feel so good that night. Her skin sent shocks through me and all I wanted was to get closer and embrace her. My body never felt so alive. She has this hot demanding attitude then suddenly, she's back to stuttering. I just can't figure her out.

But oh Kate. I will.

Comment

Vote

Follow