Chapter Eighteen | Mud Fight

Briar Matthews

Abbey ran down the stairs smirking while catching my eye. "You're welcome." She stated to me and before I could ask why, a figure appeared at the top of the stairs. Holy sh!t.

Not only was Kate skinny, but she was fit as hełl. The way her tank top tugged at her breàsts asking for a release made my mouth water. And to think I fûcked that. Her body had all the right curves and the only thing I could think as I saw her toned legs was I would do it a million more time, but with the lights on.

Remembering their were other boys in the room I looked beside me to Trey and Blayne practically eye raping her. I pushed Blayne hard making him bump into Trey and fall down. They both say up running their head with their hands up in surrender already knowing what they did wrong. I smirked, only for my eyes.

But when I looked back at the stairs watching Late come closer, her skin started to stand out more to me. Are those... Scars? Everywhere. All over her body was a scar. My anger started to explode and I was about to March right up to her and- a hand fell to my chest. I look down to Abbey whose giving me a warning look. She quickly gives Kate a towel to wrap around herself but it only covered a little bit.

I was seeing stars with how angry I was and everyone else in the room seemed to look away from her as Abbey led them to the back door. The lake was quite a walk away so I would talk to her when we walk back.

----

We were finally at the lake and I was watching casually as Blayme and Kate chicken fight with Jillian and Claire. I couldn't help but stare at Kate's contagious smile. She seemed so carefree in this moment. It felt different seeing her like this. However her scars were clouding my head and all I wondered was how bad the one on her stomach must look from that awful day in the hospital. I wish she's didn't have that to add to her collection.

Trey smacked my knee beside me since we were taking a break outside of the water. Abbey was to busy referring that she didn't notice us escape her attempt at 'fun'.

Trey looked at me with a smirk, "you still like that nerd bro?" I raised my eyebrow at his blunt question. What was so wrong with him lately. Has he always been this much of a jerk?

My voice shocked me when I answered, "I love her." His eyebrows rose as well caught off guard. He turns to look at her.

"Why? She's so.... Broken. Those scars only make her look less appealing."

I'm not sure what came over me but blinded by anger I leant over and grabbed his neck and stood up slamming him against the tree behind us.

He reached up to my hand in hopes of my release. "Don't ever say that again." I made sure there was a hidden threat in my voice. Something about him started to bother me. "She's mine."

He started making these sad attempts for air noises when Kate suddenly screamed out, "Briar stop."

Before I knew what was happening Kate squeezed between us and put her palms against my chest attempting to push me back. I released Trey in that instant, starring down in Kate's brown eyes. Her being this close made me suddenly realize she's wearing contacts. The small outline told me so. But why would she wear contacts and glasses? This being the first time I've ever seen her without glasses since she left them on the ground before we went swimming, how had I not noticed it before?

Before I could mention my thoughts Trey interrupted with a, "Fûck you and your trash whôre." Then took off to the house. Abbey gave me a calming look and took off after him. Julian and Claire got out and started walking back knowing that the fun was ruined.

Blayne them came up behind means patted my shoulder, "I'll see you at the house man."

Sarah Calderon

Everyone left us and I quickly pulled my hands away from his chest. My wet hair felt plastic suddenly and I released it from the pony tale in hopes of feeling a bit more human.

"You have beautiful hair." Briar stated gazing at my blonde Main awestruck.

"Cut the crap Briar." I stated trying not to show how effected I was by his comment. Please don't blush. "What was that about?" I question annoyed with myself for blushing.

Briar blushed then too while sweeping his hair off his face with one hand. "He just p!ssed me off." I nodded already knowing that's all I'm going to get out of him and started on the trail back. I knew he started to follow and right when I was going to turn around to scream at him for being a jerk I tripped. Not only did I humiliate myself by tripping, but even worse is I tripped into a huge knee deep mud pond. Curse my luck.

I looked up to Briar all muddy with a glare at his unsubtle attempt at covering his laugh. "Very funny." I Angrily said.

He smirked at my anger and leant me his hand,"im sorry, the guys and I go mudding here a lot and make a bunch of holes for there to be mud. "

I did the oldest trick in the book and pulled him down with me. I was angry okay? "You could have warned me."

He sits up in a mock glare, "oh you're getting it now." My eyes went wide when he leant up and caught my waist before I could run and pulled me to his chest while pushing me into the mud. I quickly stood and started splashing him and he splashed back. We were laughing at each other and finally I gave up.

"Ughh! I hate you Briar!" I yelled and plumped down in the water. "I fûcking hate you." I pushed all the mud I could out of my face. His hands quickly found my waist and I turned around in his arms.

His eyes held me captive and I couldn't move from our trance. Suddenly his lips met mine and I couldn't pull away.

Vote

Comment

Follow