Chapter Eleven | Your Book

Briar Matthews

I was running from Kate in the library when I realized I had lost her. Smiling at her poor athletic ability I stopped running. She sure was something else. Her cute innocent eyes and the way her nose scrunched up in anger or distaste was just adorable.

I don't even know how I became so close to Kate but I do know that I trust her. I trust her a whole lot. She's the only real person I've ever met. She's like an open book. And when we go out she try's to stay quiet but I watch her gradually open up to us and get involved. Her smile makes me smile. She's just so contagious. Maybe that's what happened to me. A simple fu€k and dump turned into something totally different. I can't help but keep coming back for more Kate.

But when she was sad earlier, I couldn't help but want her to be happy again. I hate seeing her sad. And her throwing up just made it all worse. Then she started crying out of no where. I wanted to ask her. I wanted to talk to her but I'm afraid that me digging to deep would make her close up more. I saw her cry, and something tells me that not many people have.

But when she cried, I didn't see my Kate anymore. I didn't see the soft smiling, independent, strong willed Kate. I saw... A broken girl. And all I wanted to do was prove to her that she's not broken. I wanted to show her how strong and smart she was. How she puts up with me and my friends even though I took away her v card.

I was a jerk. But she is an angel. She's my angel. My? Yeah I kind of like the sound of that. MY ANGEL. I smiled myself in amusement. She sure has a way of staying on my mind.

I look down at my hand. Maybe I should just go return th-. I starred at the title. My face goes pale and all I can think is 'what the fu€k''.

Suddenly everything starts making since. Her not wanting me to lift her on my shoulder. Her sudden weight gain (I can tell because I pick her up everyday). Her puking. Her casual stomach rubs every time she eats.

The titles stood out to me in bold words,

"THE GUIDE FOR FIRST TIME MOMS."