Chapter Three | The "Date"

Sarah Calderon (Kate)

              How could I accept a date. A date with a popular guy! The same guy that could ruin everything I've accomplished and turn me into a punching bag all over again.

'Calm down Sarah, we can do this. It's just a one night thing.' I kept repeating over in my head. My palms were sweating and I don't think I was walking straight. I parked in the long driveway that led up to a huge three story mansion. Not like I cared, my house is bigger. Maybe this was suppose to wow me and I'm already ahead of his games.

I rang the doorbell in complete turmoil with myself. What was I thinking? He probably doesn't even want me here. He was just kidding right? And I was so stupid to actually tell him to make me dinner! I turned around quickly to start my walk of shame back down the pathway but before I could take two steps, the door was opened and I was pulled into two large arms. My nose went into overdrive from the heavenly scent this male radiated. I turned my head to look up at my capturer and Briar looked down at me with a smirk.

"Did you think you could get away that easily, princess?" I almost fainted by his silky voice. Princess? Really! How is he affecting me so much. Of course I had to open my big mouth.

"I-uh. N-n-no. Jacket. Car? Yeah." I tried to fumble for an excuse. "My jacket was in the car." He nodded slowly as if he didn't believe me. And who would? I'm a sucky liar. But obviously I did something right if they believe my names Kate and I'm a nerd. Well I am a nerd but I could be popular. Easily can make it on the cheer team or volleyball. I'm rich which is also a plus. The only problem, is Trisha. Yeah this was a bad idea.

Briar didn't let go like I had first thought. Instead he pulled me closer and tightened his arms around my waste. "U-uh. Did you. Umm. Food?" I hesitated. My brain wasn't coming through clearly and I felt brain washed.

He chuckled behind me and let go. I turned to him as he grabbed my hand to lead me inside. The long hallway led to a huge open kitchen that looked well prepped and prepared. "I made us fried pork chops, green beans, baked potatoes and corn." He presented as I was pulled to the long dinning table with already prepared food waiting. It smelt delicious. "This looks wonderful, thank you." I smiled at him as he sat down beside me. I can't believe he actually made me food. "Anything for such a beautiful girl."

I almost choked at his response. Does he even see me? I intentionally made myself ugly so people like him wouldn't come into my life. How did I fail at something so easy? I just nodded slowly smiling that fake smile I always wear. This was the beginning of the end of my life.

Vote
Comment
Follow:)