Chapter Nineteen | Back to the lake

Sarah Calderon

           I love him. That seemed to be the only thought rolling through my head as the tangy taste of mud entered my mouth between his stolen kiss. But how? I'm not sure. Maybe I did overreact. I wanted him to give me one reason that we both knew he couldn't give. He couldn't possibly love me. He doesn't even know me.

How could I expect so much from someone when I've been lying to him all along. I pulled away quickly, guilt quickly covering my face. I had been mad at him all this time when I'm just as guilty. How exactly do we resolve something like this?

His face flashed with hurt while starring down at me. "I-I'm sorry I just can't handle you saying that you hate me." His apology sounded sincere and it only made me feel worse. How can I be mad at him when he doesn't know a thing about me. When I've been lying to him and my new "friends". If only he knew.

Briar Matthews

        She was an angel that made even the Devil want to get to heaven. Even with her covered in mud, her slim body stuck out to me and her breàst were trying to escape the right hold of her tank top. She looked good in mud. Suddenly my hand reached her shoulder scrubbing away the little bit of mud covering her black ink. "I will be free?" My voice came out a question and perhaps it wasn't my place to ask. Maybe I overstepped too far as it is.

A small smile came to her face looking at my childish frown. I wanted to hear her voice but she was blantantly avoiding talking to me. That's it, I wrapped my arms tighter around her waste and lifted her over my shoulders for what feels like such a familiar motion for the two of us.

Her laughter cut my train of thought as she painfully hit my back. "Put me down you big ape man!" Her angelic voice made me stumble a bit. I didn't expect her to change moods so quickly. This girl is truly something alright. But as ordered, I put her down. Just not 'straight' down. Instead I flung her back into the lake and a small Yelp left her beautiful lips. My lips.

Damn when did I get so possessive? I've never acted this way around girls. It's always been a fûck then dump. I never wanted anything more.

She burst up through the water like a mermaid swiping her hair behind her head as she broke the water. Her brown dull eyes focused on me and shît. She was angry again. Without a second thought I jumped into the lake paddling myself towards her but instead she moved the other way trying to escape me, nice try sweet cheeks. Just as she was about to step on the shore I wrapped my hands around her waste and picked her up throwing her back in the water.

"That's it!" She screams at me and comes over pushing on my head forcing me under water. I let her do it just so she would feel some sense of getting even but when I resurfaced I wrapped my arms around her waste and held her closer to me. "I just wanted to rinse the mud off us." My signature smirk now fell to place but I just hoped she couldn't see through my mask.

She glared back at me and said something I never expected, "Will you just stop kissing me dammit! Like, I'm trying to be friends with you and get along for the sake of our friends and here you are throwing your lips at me like some damn toilet plunger and Uou can't seem to understand the personal space bubble. Like what even-" I cut her off by placing my finger against her slimy cool mouth. Small droplets of water rolled down her cheeks and I used my thumb to swipe them away.

Suddenly a smile lit up my face, and then I bellowed out a loud laugh. "Did you just compare my lips to a damn plunger!" I busted out laughing full on tears coming down my eyes. She also busted out in hysterics after realizing what she had done. Damn, I love her.

"You would've been a good mom." My words slipped out before I could swallow them. Shît, I overstepped boundaries. Now I just broke her down even more and she will probably think about drowning me for real this time. But instead, she surprises me by smiling.

"I think we both knew that I wasn't ready for that responsibility. This was just the world telling me that." She whispers looking down at the water between us. So beautiful. Her personality shines so bright.

I smiled down at her sincerely, "Kate, you are so... Perfect." She looked up at me in that moment. I could see a tint of guilt flash before her eyes before she put on her mask of disgust.

"Your corny pickup lines don't work on me Matthews." God, her smirk was beautiful. I could just stare at her all day. I wanted to take those smirking lips into my mouth another time but I already knew I was overstepping boundary lines.

A small frown fell to my face, "You really just wanna be friends now?" I didn't want that. I wanted her. I wanted to show her off and kiss her whenever I felt the need to. I wanted to spoil her, caress her body, hold her hand, maybe occasionally slam her against a locker... Too far Briar. I think my little friend was getting happy just from the thought. A more possessive side of me wanted to fûck her right in front of Blayne and Trey just to prove that she's mine. No.

"Weren't we always?" Her small smile was contagious and I brought her into a tight hug against me.

" I guess for now, I can handle just friends."

Vote

Comment

Follow