Chapter Fourteen | Hospital

Sarah Calderon

The ride to the hospital was a silent one. No one spoke. My tears and silent cries filled the truck. I was just glad Briar wasn't mad at me for bleeding on his seat. But then again... Why was he doing this? Why was he driving me? Why did he even care?

Briar Matthews

Kate was bleeding... Everywhere. I was silently freaking out inside speeding to the hospital. I didn't want anything to happen. I didn't want her hurt. I should've known better then to kiss Trish but I needed to feel something again. The numbness was getting to much for me. Of course that means I had to break the bro code.

Trey has had a crush on Trish since middle school. He does anything and everything for her. He's the only reason she even sits at our lunch table with us. I've told him to just ask her out but we both know she only wants me. And that was proven today by just how much she does Want me when she pushed poor innocent Kate down the stairs.

I'm p!ssed to put it lightly. How dare she lay a finger on Kate. Kate couldn't even hurt a fly. She's just too.... Fragile.

I finally pulled into the hospital and parked at the front. They have free vallet here so I throw my keys to the younger boy and go to Kate's door. The sight of her breaks me. Tears were swallowing her face and her eyes remained closed. Her small cries had stopped and I think this is worse to see her silently crying.

I carefully reached in to pick her up bridal style. Her arms wrapped around my neck and she Barried her tear stricken face in my shoulder.

"Please! Someone help me!" My voice strained out across the lobby and a few doctors came up to me with a gurny. I laid her down gently but she didn't want to let go. I leaned down to her ear, "I'll be waiting right here sweet heart." That seemed to reassure her as she let go and I started walking beside her holding her hand as the doctors questioned me.

"What happened?"

"She fell down the stairs and is bleeding."

"Anything else we should know?"

As if that made me suddenly remember and I gasped out a sundown realization.

"She's pregnant."

His face contorted into worry and I suddenly wanted to cry myself.

"Tell the front desk all you know about her so we can contact her parents."

I was going to respond but the big double doors shut and a small man stopped me telling me I couldn't enter. My face was filled with worry and all I wanted was to be by her side during everything.

Sarah Calderon

As soon as the doors closed I leaned over to the doctor. "My names Sarah Calderon. He doesn't know that." The doctor nodded whispering to the nurse beside him. She nodded as well and went off in the other direction.

"Alright miss, we will get your parents he-"

"Dad. Just my dad." I interrupted. He looked down and continued,

"I need you to relax and stay calm, for the babies sake."

Comment

Vote

Follow