Chapter Twelve | Normal

Sarah Calderon

I just wanted to be normal. I just wanted a normal life and a normal childhood. Normal friends, normal grades, normal school.... Why can't I have that life?

In the end I'll always be Sarah Calderon. The girl no one likes. The girl that messed up. The girl that ruined so many lives. The girl that's pregnant. Oh right and the girl that was apart of a silly bet.

I just wanted a friend.

And now I'm pregnant. I can't raise a child! I can't even raise myself. I can't even take care of myself. Heck I'm just a broken girl trying to make it through high school. Add a kid to the situation and boom, disaster.

But I smile to myself while looking down at my small plump of a belly. Somehow though, the kid has wiggled to my heart. It's so strange knowing that you have another thing living inside of you yet you feel so powerful with it.

I guess that this is it little fellow. Just you and me. No more friends.

I felt a presence and looked up, my smile quickly dissipating. Briar stood in front of my isle of shelves. My book firmly in his hand and a hard look on his face. However his eyes weren't in me. They were on my hand which was habitually rubbing soothing circles on my stomach. I stopped moving immediately and put my hand down.

"Don't stop on my account." He rumbles stomping his way towards me making me back up quickly hitting the wall behind me. His hand quickly comes up and lands on my pooched out stomach. My eyes widen in horror. He knows but ho- my book. Sh!t. How could I be so stupid.

His eyes came up to mine and narrowed, " Were you ever going to tell me?" His voice held accusation but no I wasn't letting him walk all over me again.

"What? This wasn't apart of the bet?" I snickered out. His eyes widened in shock and he stepped back. "How do y-"

"Save it Matthews. I don't need any of this. Congrats. You're a daddy!" I growled out and walked past him forgetting about my book I was supposed to return. Forgetting about my back pack. Forgetting about lunch. Forgetting about classes. But mostly... I just wanted to forget about Briar Matthews.

Briar Matthews

           She. She knows. But how? And, oh God what did I do? How did this all suddenly just fu€k up? I just wanted Kate. Simple cute plain Kate. And now I have a baby? A baby with Kate? I'm a teenager! I don't know how to raise a child! And I don't even know how I feel about Kate. I swear she always feels like some mystery that I just can't figure out. And maybe that intrigues me.

Maybe her big sweaters and framed glasses makes her look so adorable and innocent but at the same time, I'm missing something. I never wanted a sad little defenseless need. I wanted a bad as$ strong girl. Someone who can stand her own ground. I thought Kate was close to that telling by the day I first met her and her quick snarky comebacks. But then you have to realize... You can't change a nerd. You can't just make her want to be popular. She's going to want to stay in corner and never be seen. Heck she doesn't even want friends. And it's been like pulling nails just to get her to be kind of my friend. But then there's this ache in my chest when she's not near.

Kate Bennington. What have you done to me?

Comment

Vote

Follow