Chapter Thirteen | I knew

Sarah Calderon

Weeks have gone by. Almost a month now. My stomach is growing bigger and bigger but my sweater still sort of covers the bump. I've been to the doctor a few times and they say I'm looking good so thank goodness all of the random over the shoulder rides haven't caused any harm.

But deep down I'm hurt. Lunch isn't the same in the library by myself anymore. I miss Abbey mocking me about how much I ate and Noah cracking up jokes about how Abbey just wished she could eat as much and stay thin. I miss Blayne constantly talking about hooking up with "the nerd" and Julian always keeping a short leash on Claire who tries not to bite Trish's head off when she talks about her bad hair days. But mostly, I miss Briar.

Dammit, how could I let this happen to me?

He passes by me in the hall a lot. I notice how he doesn't smile. I notice how he tries to run but sometimes I catch him looking at me. Sometimes I catch his state. Occasionally in class I'll look back for a glance and he'll already be looking at me. It's crazy how all things change. Now it's back the way it all started. We were strangers.

The bell rings and I pack up to leave. At my locker, I threw all of my things inside. As I shut it I turned around to see Briar against his locker down the hall. Not only that but his tongue shoved down Trish's mouth. Why her? A pang of hurt hit me and I realized I shouldn't be sad. He was never mine.

Trey pops up in front of me, "Hey Katie." His smug smile puts a scowl on my face. Of course he's getting a laugh out of this. Everything that's happened. I'm happy Briar hasn't told anyone about me being pregnant though. At least, I don't think he has?

"What do you want Trey?" My voice sounded bored but really I just wanted to go home. Before I could react though, Trey had his mouth on mine. His gross grime was all over me and I couldn't back away thanks to the locker. My hands pushed at his chest but he was too strong. What has gotten into him? Before I could knew him in the b@lls however, he was pulled off of me and thrown to the ground.

Treys face contorted with anger as he starred up at Briar. He quickly stood and stepped toe to toe with Briar who looked even more p!ssed off then Trey. Can someone tell me what's going on here?

Their eyes were in a lockdown as if communicating silently. I looked over at Trish who just started at me in anger. Did I do something? Now I'm even more confused.

Trey spoke first, "You know the rules!" His voice pitched out in rumbles but Briar's voice silenced the hall, "She's mine." His silky smooth voice demanded attention and his dominance was on show. He was claiming someone but I was still confused. Whose his and why are they so mad.

Giving up on the whole thing and deciding I was just happy that freak wasn't kissing me anymore, I decided to walk down the hall to my next class which was downstairs. Before I could take a step however, someone came up behind me and pushed.

The stairs felt like spikes that hit in every form. My body fell limp at the bottom of the endless torture. It took me a moment before realizing how much pain I was in and began to cry out.

My stomach shot pain up my spine and soon I noticed blood pouring to the floor. No. No . No. This can't be happening. No.

Briar came up beside me and picked me up bridal style, ignoring my crying pleas to not touch me and let me go. I didn't want to be touched. I didn't want to be near anyone. My body had given up on me. I was a safe heaven for a small child and I broke that. My body was too weak for it.

Briar had taken us out to his black jeep and say me down gently before rushing to the drivers side. I bent forward cradling my stomach trying to keep calm. But deep down.

I knew.

Comment

Vote

Follow