Chapter Twenty-Six | Exist

Sarah Calderon

         Scars on my hips
         Scars on my thighs
         Eyes full of hurt
         And a mouth full of lies

School was normal I guess. My friends dwindled down to no one. Everyone ignored me like the plague and I felt like Trisha was always mocking me from afar. The library was still my free time and classes were still silently sat in the back. I had given up on the glasses and fake contacts look. Sarah Calderon was back to school. Kate Bennington ceased to exist. Lucky for me, graduation was right around the corner and for some reason, Trisha had seemed to back off. She was instead using all her energy on getting Briar to notice her and it hurt even more watching that.

Maybe this was her new game, showing me how easy she could get with the guy I love. It sure did hurt more then all the scars she's placed on my body.

My heart was officially broken. All the butterflies I had swindling around just died. I was done with this. I shouldn't keep feeling sorry for myself but I am. Briar hurt me like no one else. That stupid note he gave me, still laid inside my jewelry box along with the bracelet.

--

My walk to my locker had me pausing in step to see Briar at his locker with Trey and Trisha. All seemed to be having a decent conversation and all I wanted to do was cry my eyes out at the fact I used to walk up to that locker in peace and talk to Briar enjoying his company just as those two were. But now his locker seemed like a out of bounce zone that I could never reach again.

He turned around and looked right at me. In that moment I just blinked from surprise. He said nothing. His face gave away no emotion. It was as if the months we spent together, the time I spent loving him were no longer important. Like it didn't happen. I found myself suddenly between emotional and emotionless.

Keeping my blank stare, I marched right past him and his locker. My hair flew up slightly and I smelt his cologne I had grew to love so immensely. I didn't look back as I walked down the hallway one last time.

Tomorrow we graduate.

Vote

Comment

Follow