Chapter Twenty-Eight | Later

1 year later

Sarah Calderon

My back slammed against the wall as soon as the door slammed shut and lips attached to my neck. "No, you know the rules." I moaned out to the boy.

A groan left his lips against my neck as he leaned back and picked me up over his shoulder like I weighed nothing. This wasn't any better but I didn't mind it. A small chuckle left my lips when he threw me down on my bed in frustration.

I looked up to the man I met earlier this year, a junior in college sure does have the manly features. Way better then the high school boys. His fingers were rustling to undress himself in a hurry and I figured I strip as well to save him the trouble.

"I take you out to dinner like a good friend, and all you do is tease me the whole time with your freaking foot. Gosh woman, it's like you want me to fûck your brains out on the table in front of everyone." His voice came out rough and painfully sexy.

I only smirked back at his statement, "Maybe we should try that next?"

He paused in his movements with his belt and looked up at me. A deranged look came across his features like a wild animal wanting to be let loose.

He was stripped in front of me within seconds after that and already on top of me. His lips found my collar bone sucking it. He came up to my ear blowing softly. "Please." His voice came out hoarse, tell me where the scars cam-"

I leaned away quickly and glared, "I set rules for a reason Danny. This is just fûck buddies, nothing more."

His hands found my arms pulling me back under him. His lips met my shoulder lightly feathering my tattoo there. "Just answer one question, Sarah."

I groaned in frustration. Why does he seem to be getting more curious about me the more we do this. At first it was easy and we barely knew the others name. A quick fûck then leave, but lately he's been more... Talkative.

"One question. But it better have nothing to do with my body." I caved in. Maybe if I answer one he will back off a bit. He leaned back sitting up on top of me. Then he reached for my left wrist and somehow I already knew his question.

"Whose Kate?" He asked motioning to my bracelet.

"No one important, she's dead now."

Then we fûcked all night. Both of us trying to find that place where we could forget our troubles and past.

---

Briar Matthews

After high school I dove straight into the family business firm in New York. My father expanded the company making me leave California to take over this building. My life was quite... Pleasant. I had all the money I could want, a huge house to myself, and any girl I saw. Life was good.

"Mr. Matthews, your 3 o'clock is here." Marie, my secretary whispered in my ear as I sat at the head of my meeting room table. My coworkers talked amongst themselves until I stood up and silence came upon the room.

"You'll have to excuse me gentlemen, it seems I have overlooked the time." I exclaimed then exited without awaiting their reply.

I took note on how my office door was already open and exhaled abruptly in frustration.

As soon as my foot entered the office, "Ah, always on time I see." My fathers sarcastic tone met my ears. I rolled my eyes at his antics. He sat leaned back in MY chair, feet propped up on MY desk.

I stood in the center of my insanely overpriced luxurious office and awaited for his serious stern face to reappear, which soon happened once he stood up and came to stand in front of me. I stood about an inch taller then my old man but I'm assuming his shoes added a little more height then necessary.

"You skipped out. Again." He cut straight to the point of his visit. "How can I trust you to run my company when you can't even accomplish a simple chore. Believe or not my company runs on people's decisions, and those people mostly come from colleges and if those college students don't believe we are willing to help, how does that make us look?"

I groaned at his overexagerated antics, "father" my finger quenched my nose in stress, "I have no intention of going to the freaking college to give a speech on business."

His face went stone cold. "Those students will be in the game one day, it's better to get them on our side early on."

"This is not a battlefield-"

"Oh but it is son, and I don't plan on throwing any white flags up. So get your a$$ to the college for that damn speech before i bring your mother up here."

A groan left my lips once again and I leaned back in a whine. I really don't want to.

My father smirked at m defeated face and patted my shoulder. He was on his way out when he paused and turned towards me. "Oh. And quit putting up a front Briar. It's been a year, why don't you find a way to get over this rather then covering it up."

I looked behind me at my father. I made my face stone hard again. No emotions as usual. "This is who I am dad." My voice threatening. I will never go back to the boy who wore his emotions on his sleeve thanks to one girl. Trust, I realize, had to be earned the hard way. Yet, I don't think I could ever trust again.

Vote

Comment

Follow