Chapter Seventeen | Finally

Sarah Calderon

The rest of the day went by pretty fast with no one else talking to me or making a fool of me. I had lunch in the library as per usual and Abbey said hi to me a lot when we saw each other. Everything was only reminding me of how much closer 5 o clock was getting.

---

Beep beep!

"Kate, get your skinny little nice asš in the car!" I hear Blayne yell as I'm closing my front door. I turn around to him and give him a sexy smirk and watch him gulp. Abbey laughs watching his reaction in the passenger seat.

"Well thanks for helping me with my bags Blayny!" I yell back already knowing he was jumping out of the back seat to come help me. Within a breath of air he was in front of me, grabbing my duffle bag and slinging it on his shoulder then swiftly picks me up to put over his shoulder as well and runs to the black jeep while I'm yelling at him and hitting his back.

What is with these guys always slinging girls across their shoulders. He drops my stuff and opens the back door to set me in the car nicely and then closes it. I laugh softly at his goofy tactics to only see Briar in the drivers seat with a glare set directly at Blayne in his review mirror. Sh!t, I kind of forgot he would come too.

Blayne hops in and I try to slice the awkwardness by asking, "where's The others?"

"Behind us in the black hummer" Abbey answers my question then turns up the radio. The jeep ride becomes a comfortable rock out session until Blayne starts mocking Abbey about her red hair blinding him with the sun reflecting off.

"Maybe you should have dyed your hair a more natural color for you then fire engine red." He complains.

Abbey snaps back with, "sorry I can't hear you over all of the compliments I get."

Briar cuts off their banter with a quick, "we're here."

"Finally" Abbey, Blayne and I chorus together then laugh before exiting the jeep.

Turns out their is only three rooms so we decide that Abbey and I share, Blayne, Trey and Briar share while Julian and Claire get their own room for their own... Dirty things. Thank Gôd Trish and her friends didn't come.

After we all finished unpacking and Abbey decided we go for a swim in the lake first. I quickly disapproved already knowing that if I ditch my sweaters and jeans, scars will be noticed by everyone.  

Abbey sees my hesitance and grabs my arm pulling us back into our room. "Come on Kate, you can't hide forever. Here I have a swimsuit u can borrow."

I shake my head hysterically, "I can't really-"

"Hush. We are all friends here. I'll let you wear a tank top?" She tries to compromise but I already know this is a losing argument. Abbey gets what she wants always. I nod my head reluctantly and and giggles excited and makes a run for her clothes. She pulls out two prices of black cloth. Oh sh!t...

So that's how I ended up in the bathroom mirror starring at something I hadn't seen in a really long time. My body. The two black scraps turned out to be a swim suit and here I was wearing it. My boôbs have grown a lot since I remember. I guess that makes since why I had to get bigger bràs. My stomach lay flat hiding my lost love.

Why did I have to be me? I quickly grabbed the white tank top Abbey gave me and slipped it on. My legs, arms, back, stomach... All aligned with scars. Different shapes and colors of course. My small tattoo stood out the most on my shoulder. A small sentence, "I will be free." Written in a nice cursive writing.

I look at the counter starring at my bulky fake glasses and my blue eyes shielded by fake brown contacts. I took my hair down out of its pony tale and watched it flow to my waist.

I miss me. I miss who I was. I miss my life before the accident.

Comment

Vote

Follow