Chapter Sixteen | Regret

Briar Matthew

"I just can't take it anymore. She's so infuriating and a sprite ire, annoying, yet so adorable and sexy. Why does she draw me in just to push me away. Then to top it all off I was beyond shocked she was pregnant but why did I feel a sense of pride that is was mine. That Kate was having MY baby. Gôd damn." I put my head into my hands while Abbey sat beside me rubbing soothing circles in my back.

She's the only one in my group that understands a thing about feelings and I just had to let out all of my frustrations. "She gave an option. She told me to give her a reason and we both know what she wanted me to say but I just- how do I? I don't even know how to do that anymore.

"If love is coming home to an empty house then I don't want it. But dammit she's so intoxicating and gives me this electric high. But then again she's just this nerd that inferiates me and I'm the bad asś play boy. We don't mix." My rant ends with a huff of exhaustion.

Abbey nods in understanding but lifts my head up to give me a serious look. "Sometimes it's not the butterflies that tells you you're in love, but the pain."

Dammit. Am I? Am I really in love with Kate Bennington?

I nod in understanding. "Why does it hurt so much to see her in pain, Abbs. What do I even do? She lost a baby for fûcks sakes. And I was terrible, I just walked out on her. I'm no better then my own parents."

Abbey stands up and slaps my shoulder," You gotta give her time to heal. Then you can lay the news on her, damn give the girl a break from the drama a few days." We both laugh a bit cutting the sad vibes into humor. "Now get out of my house."

Sarah Calderon

          "Hey I'm glad you're finally back in school!" Abbey says walking up to me. I only just walked in the doors and already have to speak. The fear that Abbey knows what happens suddenly hits me. What if she thinks I'm a whôre? She's literally the only friend I have somewhat now.

"Hey! I'm glad you're alright." She states giving me a hug. My arms go limp beside her. I hadn't been hugged in... A long time. Slowly I brought my arms around her embracing the warmth and comfort. I whiped off a few escaped tears as she pulled away.

I smile shyly, "thanks, I needed that." She smiles sadly but quickly erased it from her face, and grabs my arm in hers.

"Today's Friday and the gang and I are going to the lake house this weekend. That includes you." She states stopping our walk in front of my locker and looking at me firmly.

"I don't know if that-" I started to deny but quickly get cut off.

"Nope, no excuses. You're coming. Pick you up at 5." Then she walks away.

Well that was an eventful morning and it's only 8 o clock.

I shoved all of my things into my locker only to turn around face to face with Trish.

A very angry Trish.

"Stay away from Briar." She snarls. Memories of my past suddenly pop up in my mind. Her humiliations just kept coming and now I'm back on her list.

Surprising myself I snarled back, "You don't own him."

Sh!t. Sh!t. Sh!t.

She leans up next to me and whispers, "You're going to regret that nerd." And walks away.

Briar fûcking Matthews, what have you done to me!

Vote

Comment

Follow