Chapter Ten | Library Mishaps

Sarah Calderon

"Oh these old things. Psh.. Of course. It's called makeup. Duh. I just- I don't like them. You know?" I mumbled off trying to form a coherent excuse.

His eyes studied me for awhile but he nodded giving up his search for the missing puzzle peice that connects all my dots. You won't find it Briar.

He comes up to me and places his thumb on my cheek cupping my chin with his fingers. "I like your freckles." He states boldly. I choke up a bit trying keep the butterflies in place. What is happening to me. Do I like Briar? No. I couldn't. He's a popular jock that fu€ked me for fun and got me pregnant. I do not like him.

"Anyways" I say trying to change the subject, "I need to go to the library."

His eyebrows scrunch up and he frowns while firmly stating, "no!"

I pout at him, "please, I need to go return a book. I promise I'll still eat lunch with you."

He nods reluctantly but soon adds, "I'm coming too." I didn't really care but I kind of was planning some sort of escape from this man. Can't a girl breathe in peace. Heck he followed me to the bathroom! But I can't be mad at him about that. It was actually sort of sweet. He's actually sweet.

My cheeks blush in realization that he's now seen me in my most vulnerable states. Naked and throwing up.. Great. However the naked one, he didn't really see much because I turned off the lights. Not only was I afraid of him seeing my scars but just the fact that his eyes were on my skin makes me shutter. Because at one point, everyone's eyes had seen me. Had seen my most vulnerable state.

Briar's arms were around me in a millisecond. I hadn't realized the thought caused me to cry until his thumb gently whiped away a tear. I looked up at him trying to figure him out. What does he want wit me? Why does he all of a sudden become my friend and makes me eat with them? Why does he force me to go out with his friends to hang out and why does he act like he cares when I'm hurt.?

Is it because we had s3x? Could that really be it? Does he feel bad for stealing the poor innocent need virginity? Maybe he knows. What if he knows I'm pregnant with his kid? Does he want my baby? I'm just so confused.

I'd come to realization that briar had been cradling my head for the past few minutes rocking me side to side trying to calm me down. Why is he so good to me?

Okay Sarah, big girl pants. I quickly pull away and go back to the sink to rinse off my face and hopefully get rid of any tears that got left behind. After drying off I stepped out of the bathroom with Briar in tow. He hadn't said a word and I really didn't want him to. The library finally came into view and I realized I didn't have my backpack but as I turned around Briar stopped behind me. I looked down at his hand already holding it and I smiled. He always knows what I want.

I reached down to grab it and took out my book but before I could even zip up my backpack, Briar snatches the book from me and runs to the library. Ummm what does he think he's doing?

"If you want it come get it princess!" Briar taunted using his famous nickname I've grown accustomed to. I growl lowly to myself and take off towards the library. Once I enter I throw my backpack on the study table and chase after him down one of the isles leading to another and another but then he turns at the end and then.. I lost him. Our library was pretty big and let's face it, I'm a slow runner. So I just started roaming the different isles looking at the shelves trying to peek over to see if Briar was on the other side.

I accidentally crossed a book I was looking for the other day. I was bending forward to grab it from the shelf when two hands on my hips spooked me making me drop the book and screech. I got a 'shhhh' from Mrs. Pearls but didn't care. I was flipped around hoping to see Briar but came face to face with Trey.

I quickly tugged his hands off me and muttered in disgust, "what is your problem." He stepped back with that same players smirk on his face.

"You sweet heart. Stop playing games because we both know you can't resist all this." He says gesturing to himself. Actually, I can. "And I've been dying to know what Briar's been hiding from me." His voice a mere whisper in my ear and his hands found their way back to my hips.

I step out of his gross grasp again and growl out, "I guess you'll never find out." Even though he already has. He's the one that's seen it all first after all.

Trey has a flash of anger go through his eyes before it disappears and his face goes neutral again. "Whatever man, but if you do ever somehow get lucky enough to date him, you can thank me." His face turns into a sinister smile then he turns around to start walking away but not before calling over his shoulder, "I am the one who made the bet with him."

Comment

Vote

Follow