Chapter 4: Nightmare

"Okay where are we?"asked Decker.They were standing in a large room with wood floors and basketball hoops."Looks like we're in the gym",guessed Thaddius.Just then Rumor collapsed onto his backside,while shutting his eyes tight."Rumor!!"exclaimed his friends gathering around him quickly.Thaddius lightly touched Rumor's forehead then let out a sigh."He's okay just drained,"he said looking at both Decker then Wicked."I say we let him rest to get some of his energy back,"said Wicked looking at Rumor.Then the door to the gym burst open as a teen with orange hair and blue eyes hurried inside."Quinn!"exclaimed Wicked seeing his friend."S-Sorry I'm late you guys,"panted Quinn coming to a rest beside Wicked.Before any could comment teachers started entering the gym,surrounding them from all sides.

"Guys let's protect Rumor!"said Thaddius pulling out a bow and some arrows."Rightio!"said Decker grinning while pulling out two wicked sickle style swords."Yeah we must protect Rumor!"agreed Quinn just as his skin was covered in flames and his hands changed to talons in an instant.Wicked grinned at his friends before whipping out a double blade sword.Mrs.Daphins appeared at the front of the group with a cold smile on her face."Now your trapped,"she sneered while chains erupted from her hands.Decker ran forward,dodging the chains before stabbing Mrs.Daphins with his first sword.Thaddius followed Decker's example and shoot some at the incoming teachers.One embedded itself in a male teacher's chest,causing him to crumple to the floor in a heap.Two arrows knocked a male and a female off their feet.The last arrow hit Mrs.Daphins in the chest as Decker pulled his sword free.

[Achates Academy]

Avichyil laid on her bed staring up at the ceiling before turning to her side.Then she drifted off to sleep...

'I entered an empty room except for a large floor to ceiling mirror.I look closer and see a dark shape on the otherside.I tapped the glass to get the dark shape's attention."Wake up please,"I whispered.There was a twitch then....nothing."You need t wake up,"I said louder as tears rolled down my cheek.Nothing."WAKE UP!!"I exclaimed,using the rest of my strengh.

[Academy in forest-

Rumor's eyes snapped open to see a male teacher heading towards him with claws outstretch.Rumor's eyes flashed as he quickly flipped into a handstand.Keeping the teacher in his sight,he spun around one time before jumping and slamming his feet into the teacher's chest.The teacher went flying and slammed hard into the ceiling.Rumor grinned just as he got on his feet when another teacher came rushing from the side."Rumor look out!"exclaimed Decker.Sending out a sideways kick,Rumor sent the teacher flying into the far wall of the gym.The remaining teachers: male and female rushed in from either side of the gym at Rumor.Without missing a beat,Rumor flung out both his hands sending out ink stars.First couple stars knocked the male teacher to the ground pinning him there.

The rest had the female teacher pinned into the wall.Quickly Thaddius,Decker and Quinn hurried over to Rumor's side with grins on their faces."That was epic Rumor!"gushed Thaddius."I agree and I couldn't keep up with you!"agreed Decker."Same here you were fast Rumor,"said Quinn.Rumor smiled then nodded in thanks at his friends."I think it's time for us to leave this place Rumor,"suggested Thaddius looking around the gym.Second later Rumor's eyes glowed then a puddle of ink appeared underneath them.In a flash they were gone and the puddle vanish as if it didn't exist.