Chapter 9: Inside the Sanctum

[Achates Academy]

"When the lights turn green you may enter,"continued the assistant principal.
The four groups before looking up at the lights above the door.
One by one the lights change green and the groups opened the door then entered slowly.
Once they were inside,the doors shut and the lights change red.
"For the rest of the groups...you may all sit,"suggested the principal.
The groups happily obeyed as they all watched the four doors to change to green.

[Sanctum]
"Okay were are we?"asked Jathniel.
"Looks like a hallway of mirrors,"replied Lisette.
Avichayil tapped on a mirror then frown.
"Whats wrong Avichayil?"asked Goodfellow coming up beside her.
"I think one of these mirrors is the exit,"explained Avichayil tapping on another mirror.
Goodfellow motion for the others to join in as he tapped a mirror himself.
They all kept tapping until Jathniel found the right mirror.
"Guys I found it!"exclaimed Jathniel.
Goodfellow,Luthais and Japhet hurried over to Jathniel and the four of them tried tugging on the mirror.
When it didn't budge an inch,Goodfellow stepped back then kicked his foot through it.
The mirror shattered inward to reveal a dimly lit passage beyond it.
"Nice kick,"commented Luthais clearing away the rest of the mirror.
"Thanks Luthais,"said Goodfellow with a grin while Avichayi walked through the mirror.
Goodfellow,Luthais and the rest followed her into the passageway.

[Outside Sanctum]

The first door's light suddenly change green and the door swinged outward.
"Sabel's group your up!"called out the assistant principal.
The selected group got up,headed to the door then disappear inside as the door shut behind them.
[Forest]
"Hmm how should I end you?"wondered the male teacher.
Rumor averted his gaze and focus on the spot behind the teacher.
Soon a swirling puddle of ink appears as a shadowy figure of Rumor steps out of it.
"Oh well not my problem,"chided the teacher just when the dagger bit into the skin,except nothing escapes.
"What the?"sputtered the teacher when the captive Rumor dispated and the shadowy one materlized with sword in hand.
"Rumor where are you?!"shouted the teacher undisturbed about what was behind him.
Rumor smiled then quickly slice the teacher in half before he can say anything else.
The teacher was soon dispated into dust while Rumor plus his friends continued on to the academy.
But then another teacher stopped the group right in its path,grinning wildly.
Rumor's eyes glowed once more as he and friends teleported into a puddle of ink.
Then they soon found themselves on the front steps of Achates Academy.
"Whoa....,"whistled Quinn.
"You can say that again,"agreed Wicked.
"This is way better than the one we escaped from,"said Decker.
Both Rumor and Thaddius nodded in agreement.
Then they all headed inside the academy.
Inside Sanctum]

Avichayil and her group soon entered a vast white room with two black mirrors suspended in the middle.
"I have a bad feeling about this,"muttered Japhet.
"Yeah like whats with those black mirrors?"asked Lisette.
"I guess we find out,"said Avichayil heading towards the mirror.
But was flung onto her back from a dark shape looming above her.
"What the?"asked Emere hurrying over to Avi's side.
"Its a Dragnir!"exclaimed Luthais squinting at the dark shape through his glasses.
"A WHHAATT?!?"exclaimed the others.
"A Dragnir shape shifts through mirrors,"explained Luthais.
"How do we destroy it?"asked Jathniel.
"Being smarter than it,"answered Luthais.
"Who wants to do it?"questioned Avichayil while getting to her feet.
"I'll do it,"said Goodfellow stepping forward.
"Good luck Goodfellow,"said Avichayil with a smile.
"Thanks Avi,"cmmented Goodfellow lightly touching Avichayil's cheek.
Then he moved pass her and faced the Dragnir that shifted in himself with a black sword in hand.
"I summon you....Trickster,"called out Goodfellow.
And a hilt wrapped in black leather appeared in his hand connected to a sharp silver blade with twin blue channels running on either side.

[Outside Sanctum]

The second door's light suddenly changed green and it swung outward.
"Kaibel's group...get in there!"annouced assistant principal.
The selected group quickly headed to the door then headed inside as the door closed shut with light turning red.
That was when the third door's light changed green and another group quickly entered it.
"Hmm...,"murmured assistant principal while watching the fourth door.
Even the rest of the groups were watching the door to see if the light would change soon.
[Achates Academy- lobby]

"Welcome to Achates Academy may I help you?"asked an assistant appearing from the main office.
Rumor looked over at Thaddius,who stepped up next to him.
"Umm..yes how can we become students here?"he asked.
"In the office of course...follow me please,"instructed the assistant turning back to the office.
Rumor and his friends quickly followed the assistant into the cozy plus warm office.

[Inside Sanctum]

Dragnir turned Goodfellow charged forward before swiping sideways with its sword.
Goodfellow flipped backward then charged forward himself.
Dragnir rippled for a moment as it raised its sword above its head.
Dragnir then brought it down right at Goodfellow,who stopped to block it.
"That thing...its insane!"commented Jathniel
"Yeah but Goodfellow can handle it,"countered Japhet.
At this Goodfellow jumped high then brought his sword down on Dragnir's head,who managed to slam Goodfellow into a wall with its own sword.
"Goodfellow!!"exclaimed Avichayil.

[Achates Academy- office]

"Miss Asryn?"called the assistant stepping up to the front desk.
"Coming,coming!"replied a voice.
Another lady with long dark brown hair and light brown eyes suddenly appeared at the desk.
"Hello I am Miss Asryn...may I help you?"asked Miss Asryn.
"Yes we would like to become students here,"quickly explained Thaddius.
Just then Rumor felt a pull from deep inside the academy.
Quickly giving Decker a worried look,Rumor dashed out of the office while shadowy version took his place.
Heading into a hallway empty of students,Rumor quickly caught his breath as the pull got stronger.
His his eyes glowed brighly before disappearing into a puddle of ink.

[Inside Sanctum]

Goodfellow shakily got to his feet then sliced the Dragnir before it could ripple into a solid form.
Another one burst from the second mirror and slammed head first into Goodfellow sending him crashing into his teammates.
"You okay buddy?"asked a slightly dazed Japhet.
"Ugh...yeah I think so,"groaned Goodfellow steading himself on one knee with blade first into the ground.
The Dragnir loomed above Goodfellow while its form began to ripple all over.
Groaning,Goodfellow got up,pulled his sword free then sliced sideways at the Dragnir,which jumped back several feet.
"You can do it Goodfellow,"cheered Avichayil as she pls her friends got to their feet.
Goodfellow looked back at Avichayil,smiled then nodded before facing the Dragnir.
Suddenly a figure appeared instantly infront of Goodfellow with a sword like Trickster aimed right at the Dragnir.
Avichayil gasped at the new yet unfamilar figure. Teal blackish hair,the teen had his back to Avichayil,who was still gawking in suprise.