Flashback (80's series)

"What's your damage Shawn?" she asked as I ruffled her head.

She fixed her hair and glared. I chuckled and sat next to her on the school steps.

"What are you doing?" I scoffed watching her doing her homework.

"Doing trig homework just like you should be doing" She stuck her tongue out at me and smirked.

I shook my head and laughed.

"I'm gonna motor on down to the coffee shop, would you like to join?" she said standing up.

I looked at her outfit and all the hormones rushed to my heart.

"You look extravagant!" I said twirling her into a circle.

"Thanks Shawnie" she smiled giggling a little bit.

"May I admire you some more later?" I asked as she walked away.

She turned around and started walking backwards.

"Sure" she shrugged.

I caught up to her and smiled. I put my arm around her shoulder and she pushed it off. I shrugged continuing to walk with her to the coffee shop down the street.

"Do you want me to hold your binder Miss. Y/N?" I asked bowing a little bit stopping her in her tracks.

"Shawn I don't want you as my personal slave" she dragged on.

"No, no, this is not an offering of slavery but of kindness, yes?" I smiled.

She shook her head rolling her eyes a bit.

"Damn y/n, looking banging" the biggest asshole in this school howled.

"Watch it Johnathan" I snarled.

He chuckled and continued to talk to his football buddies.

"Shawn, why'd you do that?" y/n asked looking up at me. "It was a compliment"

I sighed and shook my head.

"Why do you go after guys like that huh?" I asked raising my shoulders. "Fuckin' wastetoids if you ask me"

She scoffed and stomped her way into the coffee shop. Her heels clacking against the marble floor. The smell of coffee filled my nose as I hoisted the binder under my arm a little bit.

"Two coffees please" she smiled.

He nodded and walked to the back. We waited patiently as we sat down at our special booth. I looked out the window setting the binder next to her arm.

"What's wrong Shawnie?" she asked worried grabbing my hand.

I pushed back my somewhat- slick hair and sighed.

"Nothing"

She nodded and the coffee was brought to us. Another one of the biggest assholes pulled up on his motorcycle into the coffee shop and smiled at y/n through the window.

"What's up dickface?" he asked me nodding.

"None ya business wastetoid. Now leave us alone" I scoffed sipping my coffee.

He looked at y/n and smiled.

"Wanna ride y/n?" he smirked evilly.

She looked at me knitting her eyebrows asking for permission. I held my hands up in defense. It wasn't my opinion that mattered, she would've went anyways.

"Thanks Shawnie, I'll be right back I swear" she smiled.

"You always say that" I mumbled under my breathe.

"I promise" she said kissing my cheek.

I felt the heat rush to every inch of my body and smiled.

"Be safe or we're gonna have some problems" I replied glaring at Richie.

He chuckled and grabbed her side walking back to his bike. I continued to drink my coffee and shook my head in disappointment.