Stiles, are you in there?

That night left the pack in pieces again.

Derek Hale was dead.

No one knew where the body had gone, all they knew was that it disappeared. But they all saw Kira stab him, and heard Stiles' howl of agonised heartbreak.

The short return of Alison had shocked everyone, especially Lydia and Isaac. Their friendship grew as they bonded over the loss of a dear friend. However they both felt that thanks to her brief return, that they had managed to say goodbye, in one way or another.

Stiles was not at peace with his loss.

The spell had taken its toll on his already weak mind, shattering it into pieces. He sat in his room, mumbling to himself, and crying out occasionally. He found himself seeing images, visions of Derek, that he could not be sure were real or not. It was safe to say that he had officially lost his mind.

But little did he know that Derek Hale was still alive.

He walked into Stiles' room, a week after he had 'died'. He took a week to heal and get his shit together. Derek sat down next to the boy that stared blankly at the wall. He did not flinch at the presence of the one he longed for most, nor did he recognise his touch as Derek's hand caressed his cheek.

"Stiles, are you in there?"

Something in Derek's voice made Stiles' head turn, and for a minute, he looked into Derek's eyes. A flicker of hope flashed onto Derek's face as a small smile appeared on Stiles'.

"Are you real?" The boy croaked, frowning.

"Yeah Stiles." Derek breathed, relieved to have gotten a word out of his boyfriend. "I'm not leaving."

"I love you you know."

"I know." Derek pulled his face round to face his. "I love you, Stiles." He leaned down and pressed his lips against Stiles'. The boy was hesitant, but eventually wrapped his arms into Derek's hair.

Eventually, he broke off, hands dropping to his sides, and stared at Derek, eyes lifeless once more.

"Stiles?" Derek shook his boyfriend slightly. "Stiles please!" His voice broke as he pleaded.

But Stiles was gone, and he might never be the same again.

End.

Or is it?