All that for nothing

Hey look I updated a day early :) just because I left you on a cliffhanger... Enjoy! Comment and vote ;)

The only thoughts running through Stiles' mind was again.

He'd be a killing machine.

Again, he'd be a bloodsucking monster. All that work, finding a cure,  was for nothing.

He was collapsed in Derek's arms, weak because of the poison, but his determination kept him awake.

"Why?" He croaked. "Why again? What good does this do?" He yelled, sobbing into Derek's chest.

"It's not for anything. We heard you'd found a cure. Tough shit, bitch, there's no way out this time."

Stiles let out a shaky breath, and Derek rubbed his arm, still fuming.

"What do you want with us?" Derek growled, clutching his boyfriend. "We've already destroyed your pack! We have a true alpha. You should be running."

"One true alpha that will be extremely pissed off now." Stiles sassed weakly and Derek shushed him.

"We have discovered something that almost matches the power of Scott McCall, and even you Hale."

"A hybrid." Donovan sneered, triumphantly.

"What's that a flower?"

"Stiles shut up." Derek hissed, spotting the pissed off look on Donovan's face.

"No, boy, it's a werewolf-vampire hybrid." Donovan's grin was pure evil. "We will create an army of hybrids, and they will all be sired to Lance here."

"What about me? I wasn't Sired."

"Your bond... It's stronger than any we've come across. You're mates."

"Mates? That's a thing?"

"Yes. Now we'll leave you to think about that. We'll see you again soon. And Derek? I hope you're wearing less clothes next time."

"He's... Mine..." Stiles growled weakly, slipping into unconsciousness. "Bitch."

Derek laid Stiles down on the bed once they had left, in a blind panic, knowing there was nothing he could do to stop this.

As he was pacing, his phone rang.

"Derek! Where's Stiles?"

"Lydia thank god, come over now."

"Is he ok?"

"No. He's unconscious."

"I had this dream, oh god Derek, I'm on my way right now."

***

When she arrived, Derek (now fully clothed) explained what had happened. Lydia, who had obviously been crying judging by the state of her, broke down. Derek awkwardly placed a hand on her shoulder. He only hugged Stiles.

"He doesn't deserve this." Lydia sobbed, clutching Stiles' hand. "My dream... I knew he was going to die again, I just, never thought it would be this."

"I know. It's been an hour Lydia, has... Has he still got a pulse? Do we have time to call Deaton?"

Lydia placed a manicured hand on Stiles' neck, and pulled back, letting out a sob. "He's gone."

"Call Scott, now."

***

They didn't tell Scott what had happened, they just told him to get there, fast.

He raced in, panic on his face. Scott stopped when he saw Stiles. In a flash he was there, holding his hand.

"What happened?" He growled at Derek, red alpha eyes leaking tears.

"Lance. Donovan."

"No..."

"He's not dead." Lydia clarified. "He'll come back."

"Fuck..."

As if on cue, Stiles sat bolt upright, gasping for breath. He took one look at the three figures around him and raced into the other room.

"Stiles!"

The vampire padded back through after a minute, a bloodbag in his hand.

"I'm sorry I just..." He held up the bag. "I didn't want to hurt you..."

Derek ran to his boyfriend and scooped him up in his arms.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so so sorry."

"It's not your fault." Stiles mumbled. "It's ok."

"No it's not." Derek growled and Stiles gave him a half smile.

"Donovan wants to create an army." Stiles addressed Scott and Lydia, ignoring sympathy on their faces. "An army of Hybrids."

"Hybrids?"

"Vampire/werewolves."

***

Stiles didn't go home. He couldn't face his dad yet. Instead, he stayed with Derek all day.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No." Stiles said simply, eyes closed.

"What about the mate thing?"

"I always thought mates were a myth."

"No." Derek curled Stiles further into his side. "No, they're just very rare."

A smirk played on Stiles' lips. "I knew we were meant to be."

"I love you, you know that right? No matter what?"

"Derek," Stiles rolled over and poked him in the chest. "I know."

"No, I'm serious. No matter what happens. Or what you are, I will always love you."

"And IIIIIIIIII-" Stiles broke out in song.

"Way to ruin the moment."

"I love you too, you big lump."

"Bitch."

"Jerk."

I'm so sorry for the jumpy chapter!

Points to anyone who got the reference in the last lines ;)

Do you like the new cover? It's amazing and I love it so much! Credit to @darellylucero I love their work! Check them out :)