Unleashing

The girls had been gone for nearly an hour, and the boys were very bored. Isaac and Scott were playing a game of  'who's the strongest', and Scott was in the lead. Stiles had decided to see how hard he could hit the stone wall of the tomb with a rock before it cracked. A plate sized dent had been made in the previously solid wall. Derek had moved round the tomb, inspecting it.

He found a large, stone face like statue at the back. The eyes were made of some kind of gem. Gently he reached up to touch the eyes and they flashed a bright white, catching Derek's gaze and holding him there. A scream sounded from the stairs and he ripped his gaze away from the statue, running over to the front of the tomb.

He didn't notice the black smoke soaring from the face.

"Lydia! Come on!" Stiles was yelling from the mouth of the staircase, pounding on the forcefield that held him. The tomb was slowly crumbling over his head.

"Stiles, catch!" Maxia flung a small dusty vile up the stairs and Stiles caught it with ease. Lydia and Maxia rushed past him and out into safety.

"Stiles drink it!" Bits of rubble fell next to Stiles, but he stared at the drink hesitantly. "Stiles!"

"Goodbye vampire powers." Stiles pursed his lips and downed the vile. He nearly vomited as he stumbled past the barrier that previously held him, falling into Derek's arms.

"I got you Stiles. It's ok." Stiles was shaking, pale and now unconscious.

"Is he ok?" Scott asked worriedly after checking Lydia and Max for injuries.

"He's human." A smile blossomed on Derek's face. "I can hear his heartbeat Scott, he's human."

Scott laughed, giddy with relief that the cure had worked and that his best friend was ok. Isaac pulled him into a hug.

"It's ok." Isaac whispered. "For once, we're going to be ok."

But no one realised the deadly force they had lifted when the spell broke. No one noticed the blinding white eyes of the demon that  absorbed Derek's face like a sponge.

No one knew the consequences they would face in the near future.

End

Of part 2

;)