~If Only You Remember Chapter 18~

If Only You Remember Chapter 18

Jasmine's Pov:

Have I really changed that much? I mean, wouldn't you kind of change after your first heart break? I'm still the same Jasmine right? Zachary has been saying that I have and also Zayn has to.

In my opinion I don't think I have. I always have been that strong, independent girl. I think I should just talk to someone about this. Just to get everything out and I know the right person to talk to.

I walked down the familiar neighborhood street. I walked down the sidewalk out front of the flats. The flat came into view and I made my way up the driveway.

I slowly walked up to the front door of the flat. This person would always hear me out when I talk to them.

I just hope they won't get mad. If someone came knocking at my door at three in the morning then I would be mad. This person is a lot like me when it comes to my sleep.

I hesitantly knocked on the front door. I heard stomping coming down the stairs and a groan. They twisted the door knob and opened the door. "Jasmine?" Zayn said. "Hey Zayn," I lightly smiled.

"What are you doing here at this time of the night?" He asked annoyance in his voice. He rubbed his eyes and yawn. "I need someone to talk to," I said.

He scoffed and said, "Why should I help you and just let you open up to me? We aren't friends." "It doesn't mean I don't have to come to you for advice," I snapped.

He rolled his eyes and said, "It kind of does." "What ever can we just talk like adults and not bicker? We can never have one conversation with out arguing," I said.

"Your right. We can never have a simple conversation with out arguing," he lightly laughed. I smiled before saying, "So please can we talk? I need someone to talk to." He sighed and nodded. "Come in," he said opening the door more for me.

I walked in past him and into the living room. Strange right? Me coming to Zayn for advice. I waited for him as he closed the door. He walked over to me and we awkwardly stood there.

"So uh where are the boys?" I asked. "Asleep," he chuckled. "Oh right," I lightly smiled. "So where do we talk?" I awkwardly asked. He started to think before a huge smile stretched across his face.

"I know," he finally said. "Follow me," he said before walking up the stairs. I followed closely behind. We walked down the hall and into his room.

"Look Zayn you said we aren't friends. Don't you think we are moving a little to fast in the friendship?" I joked. He looked at me and rolled his eyes. "Very funny and we aren't going to be talking in my room," he said.

"Then where are we going to?" I asked. "Up top," he smiled before climbing out he window. He landing on a platform and walked out of sight.

"So are you coming?" He hollered. "Yes," I said. I climbed out the window and landed on a metal gate. I walked to the metal ladder. I climbed up it and followed Zayn.

We went on a another metal gate and climbed up another ladder to the roof. He climbed over the wall and onto the roof. I climbed over after him and walked to the other side.

I looked over the edge to see all of London. "Wow," I breathed. "Amazing isn't it?" He smiled at me. "Very," I said. He led me to the right. I saw a bench and walked over to it.

Up here had such an amazing view of all of London. It had an unfinished garden hut up here. It looked like somewhere I would always go.

We sat down and looked at the scenery. We stayed quiet for awhile, just looking out at London.

"So what did you need to talk to me about?" He asked. I looked at him but quickly looked down. "Can I ask you something?" I asked. "Yeah anything," he said.

"And be honest," I said. He nodded letting me know to continue. "Have I really changed?" I asked looking at him. He sighed and shrugged.

I rolled my eyes, a frown falling upon it. "I want an answer not a shrug," I said annoyed. He sighed and said, "A little."

"How?" I asked. "You've just changed. You aren't you," he said. "In bad or good?" I asked. "It can be either ways," he said.

"I'm taking that as a bad way," I said. "Jasmine," he paused before taking my hand. I looked at his hand and up at his eyes, giving him a confused look but feel a bit happy at the touch.

"Sorry," he mumbled before removing his hand with his cheeks bright red. "No it's fine," I said. "Anyways Jasmine," he began again. "Yes you have changed and you are totally different then what you used to be," he said.

"I don't like the new you. I like the old you," he said. "I don't. I like who I am now. A girl who isn't afraid. A girl who doesn't care what others think and is independent," I said.

"Maybe who you are now isn't who your suppose to be," he said. I looked up in his brown eyes and sighed.

"Maybe who you've become isn't the right choice. Maybe changing wasn't good and you should just be you," he said. "I am me," I said. "I meant the old you," he said.

"Maybe I don't want to change who I am. I like this new me," I said. "You may do but other around you miss the old you. If I could choose to have the old Jasmie back I would choose it," he confessed.

"I can understand what everyone means but maybe who I am now is better," I said. "It may not," he said.

I looked down at my hands and let out a sigh. "Jasmine," he began again. He lifted my chin up with two fingers to look at him.

He looked like he was debating in his head on what to say. "Your perfect the way you are. I'm not saying you should go change back to who you were before. All I was saying is if I had to choose I would like the old you back," he paused before speaking again.

"Your human. Humans make mistakes and that's ok. I can see why you've changed and I'm think I know what it's about," he said. "Hell, I do know what it's about and I do understand," he said.

"But you shouldn't change because of someone else, more specifically me. Be who you are and I know you can but you don't want to. You don't want to get hurt again and I completely understand that," he continued.

"I've made a mistake. I've hurt you before but I promise you I would never hurt you again. I don't want to see you change even more," he said. "I will do anything to see the real Jasmine again," he said. "Anything," he mumbled.

In all my entire time, I've never heard something like that from Zayn. I was speechless, amazed, and even happy. My whole mood has changed from upset to happy. A smile stretched across my face. I really think he may have proven me wrong and has changed, just maybe.

"Do you mean that?" I asked after a moment of silence. He nodded and said, "I mean every word." "Zayn you might of just proven me wrong," I said. "Maybe I've seen the new Zayn change back into the old one," I said with a smile.

A smile stretched across his face. "I told you I've changed," he said. "Zayn," I said. "Jasmine," he said. I lightly smiled and said, "If you want I would maybe like to give this friendship a try."

"Wait what was that?" He playfully said. I rolled my eyes with a smile. "You heard me," I said. "I will maybe consider your offer about trying to be friends," I said.

"You really want to?" He asked. "Yeah why not?" I smiled. He smiled back and said, "I would like to try to start a new friendship."

"Even though you get on my nerves big time," he said with a small chuckle. "And same goes for you," I laughed. "I like the idea though," he said. "So friends?" I smiled while holding out my hand. A huge smile formed as he shook my hand.

"Friends."

A/n: Hey guys! Here is chapter 18! Do you think it will end well? Their friendship? You will have to wait and find out! Also I want to let you guys know that school gets out in about 3 weeks! I can't wait for summer! My teachers are throwing all these projects in me and its frustrating. We also just took another test after the state test which I don't get the point in! Anyways vote or comment on this chapter? Next chapter will be up soon!