Twenty Three

Becky Adams

Halloween was just a few days away. I was so excited. I was planning on being either a cheerleader, biker chick, or pin up girl. I still hadn't decided but luckily didn't need to do any shopping because I already had all the clothes and makeup for all three ideas. I was a cheerleader back in freshman year and kept my costume in hope that I would wear it again. Good thing I did.

Brendon was gonna match with me. We would either be the cheer couple, biker couple, or 50's couple. He would have to do a little more shopping, but I was glad he was so on board with it. I would feel so guilty if I forced him into it. One of the many reasons why he was my boyfriend and why I loved him.

Zoey had texted me the other night, saying she was planning on throwing a halloween bash or something. She never threw parties on halloween but I guess it being senior year, she wanted to do something new or fresh. Even though we've kind of hit a rough patch with this whole Brad situation, her invitation to her party showed me that she wanted to put it behind her and go back to being best friends.

I texted Brendon and Ashley right after Zoey texted me, hoping that if they didn't already know they'd be super excited, or if Zoey told them, they would already be going. When they texted back, they were super stoked but Zoey had gotten to them first. It didn't really matter. I was just excited that we were all hanging out again and getting close.

One thing I really wanted to tell the girls was to stop with this whole Brad thing. He just wasn't worth all this drama and he honestly made things worse between us. If it wasn't for him, we would all still be super close as if nothing happened. Operation Brad had to come to an end.

**

Ashley, Zoey and I were all at Zoey's house getting ready for the halloween party. Brendon was supposed to be getting ready with us, but he was late, so it was just the three of us.

We were all sitting in silence -- well not silence because music was playing -- when I decided to bring up the Brad thing.

"Guys can I talk to you?" I started, not knowing how else to approach the situation.

"Sure what's up?" Ashley and Zoey said at the same time.

"Look, I know we had this whole plan to ruin Brad's life and while I still hate his guts, he's caused some major drama and I just want it al, to stop. He's not worth any of our times and honestly, I'm just so tired of him and dealing with him. This plan has gone on for too long and if anything, the best punishment is to just leave him alone. If there's one thing I learned, it's that he loves attention so if we don't give him any, that's enough for him to break down."

"PREACH IT SISTER!" Ashley practically screamed. We all laughed. All of a sudden, Zoey had this guilty look on her face and left the room.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"I dunno. Maybe she's still really sensitive about the Brad thing after their breaking up..." Ashley suggested

"You're probably right." I agreed. It made a lot of sense too. I mean she hated the guy and then actually started falling for him and getting serious, just for him to end it off. The son of a bitch probably realized he was changing and got scared so he reverted back to his old ways.

"I just can't believe he's hurt so many girls and gotten away with it you know?" I said.

"I know you said you just wanted it to be over, but maybe now's the right time." Ashley said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean, after the breakup and all this drama, he's vulnerable and weak. This could be the perfect moment to truly destroy him."