Ten

Becky Adams

I didn't even know where I was running but I couldn't stop. My mind wanted me to stop running; to go to class, but my body wanted to get the hell out of here.

"Becky! Becky wait! Becky! Come back!" I heard someone calling after me.

I abruptly stopped then, trying to catch my breath. I didn't even turn around to see who had been calling me. I just stood there, my back facing him. I say him because it was quite a deep and husky voice calling after me.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder and suddenly I was being spun around to face whoever had been calling me.

Brad.

"Can I help you?" I asked harshly.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Like you care." I said as I shoved him out of my way, walking past him.

He grabbed me again and this time had a firm grip on me so that I couldn't get away.

"Let me go!" I shouted as I tried to wriggle myself out of his grip.

"Not until you tell me what's wrong."

I remained silent for a few minutes. I figured if I just stood there, he'd eventually let me go. Boy, was I wrong.

"You know, I don't mind holding you here all day until you tell me what made you so upset."

I was surprised he was actually talking to me considering how fast he dropped me because of what he thought about me.

"Why do you even care? You're the one that decided to just drop out of my life. You're the one who wanted to stay away and was done with me." I blurted out.

He stared at me, stunned. His dark brown eyes became vulnerable at that point. 

"Is that what this has been about? Me dropping you? Because last time I checked, you were just stringing me along. If anyone's at fault, it's you."

"What do you mean 'stringing you along'?"

"I mean you getting back together with Brendon! You still had feelings for him and while I was wasting my time with you."

"I never got back together with Brendon you idiot!" I shouted.

"Then why were you hugging at your locker yesterday after school? Hanna even told me you guys got back together."

"She lied! Me and Brendon aren't back together! We just made up. Why would you even listen to Hanna?" I shouted. 

The anger that had been bottled up inside me just let itself out as I raised my voice at Brad. Talking about the subject didn't even help either. Knowing how he felt and what he thought made me even angrier. The anger just wouldn't stop.

"She lied? Why would she do that?"

"Because she hates me! I guess she thought the only way to make you available to her is make up some lie about me and Brendon, knowing you'd listen. I just can't believe you actually listened to her. You didn't even come to me to ask if it was true, you believed some bimbo slut. And the worst part is, you just dropped me. You wrote me a fucking note saying you were done. You didn't say shit to my face." I said.

At this point, I was out of energy to be angry. I was still angry at Brad but my tone came off as vulnerable and sad because I just didn't have the energy to fight. I closed my eyes for one second and when they opened up again, a tear came streaming down my face as I looked up at Brad.

"Becky I-I'm sorry....I-I-I don't know what to say..." Brad said as he started walking towards me, trying to comfort me.

His hands reached out towards my face to wipe away my tears but before he could do anything, I stopped him.