Thirty

Becky Adams

I woke up in an unfamiliar room, forgetting that I had slept over at Ashley's last night. I looked over to my right and saw Ashley sleeping peacefully. I didn't want to wake her, so I quietly got out of bed, grabbed my phone, and made my way to the washroom.

Brendon had texted and called a bunch of times, but I had put my phone on silent so I could enjoy the night with Ashley. I called him back as soon as I was alone.

"Becky where the hell have you been? I called and texted a bunch of times." Brendon answered, worried out of his mind.

"I know, I know." I idiotically said.

"You know? So why the hell haven't you been calling me? I'm worried, your dad's worried."

"My dad?"

"Yeah your dad called me --"

"-- Why were you talking to my dad?" I asked, suddenly feeling angry.

"Becky, he was worried sick about you. He asked if you had come over to my house and when I said no he started to get really worried about you. And then you wouldn't answer my calls and I started to get worried."

"Brendon relax, I just went over to Ashley's. My dad and I got into a fight and I just needed to get out of the house so I came over to Ashley's and ended up staying over." I explained, hoping he would calm down.

A huge sigh of relief came over Brendon.

"Don't worry me like that."

"I promise I won't ever again."

"Did you need me to pick you guys up for school?" he asked.

"No it's fine. I came here with my jeep."

"Alright, I'll see you in a bit then." he said. I immediately hung up the phone and put it down on the counter so I could freshen up before school.

"Everything okay?" Ashley asked as I quietly walked back into her bedroom. She was still laying in bed, it looked like she had just woken up.

"Yeah, Brendon was just asking if we needed a ride." I said, wanting to skip the details of the conversation I just had.

Suddenly I stopped in my tracks. I realized I had nothing to wear. I certainly wasn't gonna show up in what I wore yesterday/what I slept in. And I didn't exactly want to go back home yet and face my dad.

"Did you want to borrow something from me to wear?" Ashley asked, practically reading my mind. I couldn't help but laugh. It was a little embarrassing that I had to borrow her clothes, but she understood and that's what mattered. Thank god we were the same size too.

"Thanks girl. You know I love you." I said, pulling her in for a hug.

Finally the two of us started getting ready for school. I didn't want to get too dressed up today, especially since I was borrowing Ashley's clothes for the day. So I ended up grabbing a pair of distressed denim shorts and a white tank top. Ashley quickly threw on a white maxi dress that emphasized her curves in all the right ways.

"Damn you look hot." I said. She laughed. Then I laughed.

"Shall we go?" I asked once we were dressed up.

"We shall." she said, and with that, we made our way downstairs and out of the house. 

"Let's stop by starbucks for coffee and breakfast before we get to school." I suggested as we both got in my car. 

"Fuck! My Bag!" I exclaimed.

"Girl, relax, your bag is in the back." Ashley said, pointing to the back passenger seat. A huge sigh of relief came over me. Ashley just laughed.