Twenty Eight

Becky Adams

It had been 2 months since all the Brad drama last arose. Ever since our last encounter. The weeks sure flew by then.

I stood at my locker, unpacking my bag and reloading my locker. It was the first day back from the break but it felt more like the first day of school. It felt weird to walk in these halls and not have people talk about you or confront you. It was just...quiet.

"Um, excuse me. You're blocking my locker." this douche said. I shut my locker for a second to face him and tell him off.

"Listen you ass--" I said, stopping myself before I could finish my thoughts. Turns out, the 'douche' was Brendon.

"Oh, no. Keep going. I want to hear what you have to say." he said, cupping his hand over his hear and leaning in slightly. I just rolled my eyes as I opened my locker back up.

"Rude." he said.

"Whatever." I said with a chuckle. I continued to organize the stuff in my locker. Brendon was silent so I assumed I had either hurt his feelings, or he wanted to wait until I was done.

I shut my locker door and suddenly I was being pulled into him for a kiss.

"Come here gorgeous." he said with a deep and seductive voice. His hand rested on my back just above my butt as he forced me into him. He planted his lips on mine, starting a slow and passionate kiss.

"How was your break?" he asked when we pulled apart.

"I spent it with you!" I said, pushing him away as I laughed. I knew he knew but he always liked to be cute and stupid like that. Just then, they walked by. Hanna Thompson, and Zoey Christian. They walked side by side as they flipped their hair and flashed smiles to everyone around them. The two of them had become the dynamic duo of Westview High and they had become more popular than ever. Hanna was still the school slut, but with Zoey by her side, she reached a whole new level of popularity.

As they walked, I noticed that they looked oddly alike. Coincidentally, they were both blonde, but that wasn't it. They weren't dressing like twins but their sense of style was what made them identical. They were flaunting their Chanel, their Prada, their Gucci; it was designer from head to toe. Hanna wore this blue romper with a Michael Kors bag and silver pumps, while Zoey wore a a fitted black dress and black pumps with a ruby red purse. It was one thing for Zoey to hang out with Hanna, but to dress like her? I knew now that I had officially lost one of my best friends. Of course, as they walked by like this was Mean Girls or something, they decided to approach us.

"Ew get a room." Hanna said, doing that fake gagging thing girls always did when they hated something.

"Like you're one to talk. Slut" I said back.

"Cute. At least guys want me in this school, whereas guys avoid you wherever they go. First Brendon, then Brad." Hanna added.

"Yeah, I'm dating her." Brendon said, butting in as he stepped slightly in front of me.

"Wow, what happened to you Rebecca? You can't even fight your own battles?" Zoey said, acting as if we were never friends. That one hurt a little bit. We had been best friends since we were babies and all of a sudden she was turning on me? Hanna really brain washed her.

"At least I can stay true to myself. I don't need to put on an act to prove something to others."

"What are you saying? That I'm fake?"

"I'm not trying to say anything, I'm just stating who I am." I said, turning my face away. Both Zoey and Hanna were speechless. They stood there dumbfounded and they knew they had lost. I couldn't help but flash a grin towards them, feeling good about defending myself.