Five

Becky Adams

I woke up and immediately felt an open book on my face. After I removed it from my face and placed it on the nightstand, I groggily got up and grabbed my phone to check the time.

It took a while for my eyes to adjust and once they did, I practically leaped out of bed realizing I only had 20 minutes until homeroom started.

"Fuck!" I said aloud.

"Why didn't my alarm go off?!" I added to my thoughts out loud.

I just kept cussing out loud as I was bouncing off the walls trying to get ready as soon as possible. One minute, I'm in the washroom brushing my teeth, and the next I'm getting dressed and doing my hair.

Considering I only had so little time to get ready, I just threw on a pair of light wash boyfriend jeans and a black tank top along with my black combat boots.

As for my hair, I just tied it up into a high ponytail, not giving a single fuck about how it turned out. Then I quickly applied liner on my eyelids and some mascara along with some nude lipstick.

Surprisingly, I managed to get my shit together in 5 minutes and I was out the door, running to my car, and when I say running, I mean fucking bolting like Usain Bolt.

Once I got in my car, I stepped on the gas pedal and reached the school a few minutes later.

As I was running inside, praying I wasn't late, I got a text from Ashley saying that homeroom was starting and I needed to get my ass inside now. With that in mind, I picked up my pace and got to homeroom right when Ms. Shapiro called my name for attendance.

"Here!" I shouted, panting when I finally stopped running.

The room went silent and all eyes were on me.

Oops.

"Glad you're able to join us Becky. Please take your seat."

I quickly walked to my seat and when I sat down, Brendon immediately turned around to talk to me.

"Hey, what happened?"

"I slept in..." I said drily, hoping he would get the hint that I didn't want to talk to him.

"Oh...right." he said before turning around.

Before I knew it, homeroom was over and it was time for 1st period, AKA drama with Brad.

I headed to my locker before going to drama, just to make sure I looked okay. Right when I slammed my locker shut, I saw Brendon in my peripheral vision. Great...

"Brendon, look, I have class." I said.

"Yeah, I get that, but I hear you've been talking to Brad Smith."

"Yeah so?"

"So he's a player and a jerk."

"Oh so you know him that well now? 'Cause last time I checked, you went off to Europe to get away from your fucking problems, but before that you never hung out with him."

"Look I just don't want you to get hurt if anything happens."

"Brendon you don't own me; I'm not your girlfriend. You cant protect me anymore so just stop. Besides, you already hurt me." I said in anger. How dare he try and protect me from getting hurt when he was the one who hurt me?

Before he could say anything else, I walked past him and headed into drama, wanting to forget everything that just happened. My mood suddenly sucked.

I didn't even realize that I was sulking until Brad brought it up when I sat down next to him.

"You ok?" Brad asked.