Six

Brad Smith

I was worried. Well, not worried but curious as to why Becky wasn't back yet. I didn't like the fact that Brendon kept trying to talk to her.

Wait, am I jealous? No. I can't be. I mean, Becky and I are just friends. I have no feelings whatsoever.

The longer she took, the more impatient I got. I found myself shaking my leg, hoping it would make Becky come back. 

Why do I want Becky to come back so badly?

Just then, Becky walked back into the classroom. Well, more like stormed back. 

As she got closer to our seats, I noticed her looking down, trying to avoid eye contact with people, but I could see a smidge of her face and it didn't look happy. Something was wrong and I could feel it.

She grabbed her stuff and just left without saying a word to anyone.

When the bell rang, I grabbed my stuff and practically ran to chase her. I stopped outside the classroom in the hallway and saw her furiously getting textbooks out of her locker.

"Becky!" I called to her as I walked towards her.

She didn't even look up.

"Hey...are you ok? What happened?"

Nothing.

"Is it Brendon? Did he hurt you?" I felt horrible for pushing the subject but she needed to talk to someone. 

She got everything she needed, closed her locker door shut and barely let out, "I gotta go." before walking past me. Correction, before pushing me out of her way.

She left me standing there in shock, I had no idea what to do.

**

Becky Adams

Ugh! I hate Brendon! I hate Hanna! I HATE EVERYONE!

It was only what? The second day of school? And already I had drama in my life.

I sat down at my desk as I entered english and decided to plug in my headphones and listen to music. I put the volume on full blast and just sat there and closed my eyes.

After a few minutes, I found myself dozing off, when suddenly I felt a pair of hands shake me and I immediately sat up, scared to death. I pulled my headphones out, opened my eyes and saw that it was Ashley.

"Jeez! Ashley you scared me man! What the hell?" I said before stifling a giggle.

She sat down next to me and said, "Sorry! What's up anyways? You ok?"

I just looked at her before closing my eyes and letting out a sigh.

"It's Brendon. I thought I was finally getting over him and it's been hard since we have drama 1st period together but I've been managing. All of a sudden, he pulls me out of class to tell me to stay away from Brad because of his douche reputation of sleeping with every girl and not holding down any relationships."

"And who is he to tell you that?"

"Exactly! Like ok, yes he's known for being a player and a jerk, but just because I start talking to him, doesn't mean I'm in love with him! Like I can take care of myself, I don't need Brendon trying to run my life for me. Besides, it doesn't mean Brad's gonna be a player and con me like he did all the other girls.

"Guys are just stupid."

"Honestly."

"Listen Becks, if you ever need anything I'm here for you—me and Zoey are here for you. What are best friends for right?"