Chapter 5

I got up by the sound of people shuffling around. I turned around on my back to see Dylan gone already.

Lazily, I got up and walked out.

"Long enough, Sleeping Beauty," Dylan spoke.

"Good morning to you too, bro," I said rolling my eyes at him.

"I need you to find a school for Dylan and you starting from today," Dad said. "If you can't do it, just tell me. I'll do it."

"It's okay. I'll be on it," I told him with a reassuring smile.

"Thanks," he said gratefully.

'If only he knew what I was up to,' I thought.

"You can have my laptop for the time being. I'll have to take it later on though to look for my job."

"Talking about jobs, are you on fire dad?" Dylan asked.

"Why would I be on fire, Dan?"

"I heard someone say to you one day: you're fired!" Dylan told him.

Dad and I chuckled.

"No, don't worry Dan. I'm not on fire since we have shifted houses, I'm going to have to look for another job," he said lying about the shifting.

"Are you sure you're not on fire, dad?" he asked one last time.

"Yes, now move it," dad told him and I face-palmed myself.

He shrugged to himself and got down from the chair approaching our room. I found out that Dylan and I were going to be sharing one bedroom and dad was going to use the other room. Apart from that, nothing new.

Dad handed me the laptop and gestured towards the room before he went back to the people and ordered them as to where they should keep the items.

On my way, I grabbed an apple.

With Dylan beside me reading some other book, I searched for all the possible schools that included grade 5.

A couple of schools popped up as recommendations and I looked at each one of them and then compared one to the other.

-FRETWOOD SCHOOL.. grades 1-6 (COST: $6,000)

-HARDYSHIP SCHOOL..grades 1-9 (COST: $4,500)

-BRAKDRASH SCHOOL..grades 1-8 (COST: $5,000)

And much more came up...

I checked out Hardyship school, it wasn't bad. It wasn't bad at all. In fact, in my opinion, it was the best school among the three.

I applied for it using Dylan's name and waited for the email it promised to send in a couple of minutes.

Sure enough, after a few minutes, a message popped up on the screen of the laptop. I clicked on the message I received to read it.

Dear Dylan,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been chosen to join our school. Timetables and class information are on the document below. You may start from tomorrow or the day after. We hope to see you there.

Yours sincerely,

Principal Samantha

Yes! I still couldn't believe that the school accepted Dylan on such short notice!

I showed the message to Dylan and he raised an eyebrow in confusion, so I showed him a picture of the school instead.

"T-That's a-a-amazing!!" he told me and gave me a tight hug.