Chapter 25

I groaned and rubbed my face in annoyance as the alarm clock beside me wouldn't stop ringing.

"Get this damn thing off!" I screamed with my eyes still closed. I really hated waking up and this idiotic thing wasn't helping either.

I heard someone laughing beside me. Now, to be honest, if I had a brother who stays with me in my room and loves waking me up- it doesn't take a lot of brains to know who was laughing and found it so funny that the alarm clock was torturing a normal seventeen year old.

"Dylan!" I whined.

"Yes?" he asked innocently.

"Please," I whispered dramatically even though I didn't open my eyes yet, "Don't do this to me."

I heard him chuckle. "Do what?"

"Ugh!" I screamed in frustration and shot out of bed in anger.

As soon as I got up, I glared at him and almost would have dropped my jaw open when I saw him already ready but didn't due to the self control I had even though he was pressing his lips together to stop himself from bursting into laughter.

"You," I accused pointing a finger at him, "are dead."

He raised his hands in defense, surrendering.

"We'll see about that," he said smugly.

Oh, the nerve of this guy! I shot him a death glare and as if not being able to control himself anymore, he doubled over in laughter. What? Were my death glares not intimidating anymore? 

I huffed in annoyance, grabbed my clothes, and slammed my door shut leaving Dylan still laughing like an insane person behind.

No way is this kid only ten, I thought to myself as I wondered how casual he was acting despite last night. He was handling the situation really well that even I was proud of him. Not once did he force me to tell him what happened, and not once did he ever ask me why dad was not at home all the time. The kid was a miracle!

I won't deny it though. I always did want to possess a few of his powers. Especially how he handled situations so well- oh, and the early awakening! I wouldn't miss that for the world!

Reminding me, I was going to have a small talk with dad. He needed to do some explaining about why he was always missing. That is obviously, if he was going to be at home.

I rushed into the bathroom, did my daily routine and got ready. Of course, I didn't put makeup. I never did. Never. And I never was planning to- I liked my natural self.

Stuffing all of my disguise into my bag, I headed out to have breakfast and the small talk with my oh-so-amazing dad.

I went down and poured milk in a bowl.

"Morning, Ashley!" I heard a deep voice behind me say. Oh, so he was here. Nice of him to acknowledge me.

"Morning, dad," I told him clenching my teeth together.

Just then, Dylan came skipping into the kitchen. I was about to give him a smile when I remembered his small stunt today and glared at him instead.

"Ashley! I want cereal!" He told me pouting.

"Get it yourself," I snapped, faking annoyance and pretending to be angry.

"Please!" Dylan pleaded making the most adorable face ever. He knew that I was going to give in!

I rolled my eyes and then poured milk in a bowl for him as well. Then, I brought down the box containing the cereal and dumped it in.