Chapter 8

"Where do you think you were?" my dad demanded in a loud voice, while I just kept trying to focus on what he was saying rather than zoning out.

"Places," I answered smugly, trying to secretly cover my right cheek which probably had a bruise forming due to the punch I received earlier in the bar. A purple bruise which was not very pleasant.

"Ashley Winster! This is serious! Do you have any idea of how much I panicked? We've only been in this city for three days and you're already like this! Thank god, that I picked up Dylan today!" he ranted- plus, he used the whole name, I definitely got him worried.

"I'll inform you the next time, alright?" I said calmly and begin walking towards my room.

"Next time?!"he asked incredulously, before adding in a strict tone, his eyes narrowing menacingly towards me, "There will be no next time! After school, you will come straight back home and if you get late again, I will start picking you up from school myself," he warned threateningly.

"Fine!" I said huffing in annoyance and still trying to cover my cheek without him getting too suspicious.

"Better be," he mumbled.

I rolled my eyes at him and right before I entered I heard him say, "Keep rolling your eyes and maybe you'll find a brain back there,"

Nice going, dad. May you never get rid of your immature behavior.

It wasn't long before I forced my eyes to shut, since I didn't want to eat dinner with him. He would definitely see the bruise and understand where I was. So, no. Just no- I'd rather sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to see Dylan sitting on top of my stomach singing in his horribly horrible voice. I smiled at his childish attempt of waking me up while he was grinning proud that he woke me up.

"That always works..." Dylan stated smirking.

"Whatever," I said trying to cover up the fact that his singing actually scarred me for life.

Trust me, you do not want to hear him- unless you have a death wish, of course.

"Get ready, you need to drop me to school!" he shouted in my ear and left leaving me with closed eyes still covering my ear.

The kid...

I went into the bathroom and took a bath after brushing my teeth. For dressing up, I wore a turquoise hoodie and some dark blue, loose jeans. Finally satisfied with my look, I went into the kitchen to grab some coffee as my breakfast. Hey! No comments. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who drinks coffee for breakfast!

"Dylan! Are you ready?" I asked, yelling as I wanted him to hear me from our room where he was still doing stuff I don't even know.

I heard a loud 'yes' and I gulped my coffee down as fast as I could and grabbed the keys for the car since dad told me if I wanted to drop Dylan off, I'm going to have to take the car as: "The bike is a bad influence on him" I quote.

I even reconsidered my decision of dropping him off to school but a stubborn Dylan didn't help. To make matters worse, I wouldn't be able to go to the bar right after school since a car wouldn't fit through the narrow lanes.

I slid in the drivers seat and placed my bag on the seat beside me just after hearing the back door click open and shut with full force.

"Let's go," Dylan ordered in a deep voice trying his best to sound authoritative.