Chapter 21

(Jace's POV)

After a few minutes of awkward silence, my heart finally started beating at normal pace. Thankfully, Emmett spoke up.

"Our crush?" he asked raising an eyebrow at the both of us. Okay, maybe I spoke too soon. There was nothing to be thankful about when he started speaking..

Sighing, Aiden answered for him since I was too shocked to do anything.

"Yes, our crush. We've both liked her for quite some time now," he replied.

"And since when is that may I ask?" 

"Around three months," I replied for him now speaking low.

"Okay. Where did you meet her?" he asked.

"At a park. Early morning strolls, we've seen her around the ice cream shack as well with another kid-"

"Who's the kid?" he asked cutting Aiden off. He laughed.

"What is this? Twenty questions? How in the freaking world do you expect me to know who he was?" Aiden spat.

Emmett just rubbed his temple sighing. 

"I don't know what to do with you," he muttered.

"Of course," Aiden said rolling his eyes as he dragged the word. I could sense that a fight was going to happen if I didn't stop these two and that's what I did.

"Okay, guys. Stop it," I told them both.

They nodded avoiding eye contact- the both of them looking anywhere but me.

"We'll take it from the start, alright? I also have something to tell you Aiden," I told him. I guess now's the time to tell him about what I witnessed in school.

They both looked at me and gestured to continue.

"So, we first met her around three months ago as we had already told you, Emmett. Her red hair and green eyes were just so mesmerizing that-" I started.

"Straight to the point Jace," Emmett reminded.

I rolled my eyes. "Her features were what caught our attention. Days later, we saw her again and this time we followed her. She lives a few minutes away from the shopping alley-" I was cut off again. Seriously, this guy was getting on my nerves.

"Wait.. You stalk her?" he asked incredulously.

I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. "Kind of,"

"You guys are unbelievable," he stated.

I sighed and raised my eyebrow asking him if I could continue or not. 

"Fine. Fine, continue with your god damn love story," Emmett said.

"Thank you, Emmett. So, as we were saying that was where she lived. However, whenever we used to follow her- she never came out. We always used to think that the guy was her twin brother or something and that day her so-called "twin brother" volunteered to help me. He had a younger brother, Dylan- who I soon grew fond of. Much more days later, Aiden saw her in the park and had a little chat with her." I said.

"Quick please, I haven't got all day- Jace what was it that you wanted to tell me?" Aiden asked impatiently.

I held my breath and said the words I wasn't sure she would appreciate I spread out.

"Well, you know Alvin? Ashley and Alvin are the exact same people," I said.

Their jaws dropped open.