Chapter 26

This cover on the top is awesome! It's made by @forcade and I love it!!!!!!!!! It's one of the best I've ever received and I'm in love with it! Tell me what you think about it in the comments below! Thank you once again @forcade! It's awesome!!!!!

On with the story!!!

************************************************************************************************************************

It had been three days and I kept my distance from Jace. It was all a little too weird.. me admitting that I could trust Jace.

Like what the hell? I barely knew the guy and here I was, telling myself that I trusted him. But.. in a way it was right, he told me his story, it was only fair that I at least trust him in return. If he could trust me, I don't see why I couldn't.

Okay, that's it. I'm going to go crazy if I don't stop thinking about him now.

"Dylan, you want to play a game on the laptop?" I asked suddenly.

"What did you say?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"Do. You. Want. To. Play. A. Game. On. The. Laptop?" I asked emphasizing each and every word.

He looked at me as if I had grown another head.

"What?" I asked frustrated. He was staring at me for a whole five minutes now as I was an alien. Oh, come on! I just asked a simple question! And I'm bored!

"Yes!" he exclaimed.

"Goodness, so you can talk," I muttered rolling my eyes.

"Yes, I can. I was just surprised for some time," he said shrugging.

"Yeah, yeah," I said waving him off.

"Hey, do you mind if I call Jace over? He's one of my closest friends who lives nearby," he asked.

Great! Just the person I was trying to take my mind off!

"Dylan, I-" I protested.

"Thanks! I love you so much!" he said giving me a quick hug and dashing off. My jaw dropped open.

Hey! I don't remember telling him to actually call Jace over! I never even said yes!

"Dylan, wait!" I called out and ran after him. However, it was too late. The damage was done when I saw Dylan muttering a quick 'thank you' and excitedly coming next to me.

I sent him a death glare.

"I'm not going to talk to you for the rest of the day. Go play with your closest friend 'Jace'," I told him air quoting his name dramatically. I narrowed my eyes at him, sending him a last glare as he stood there with a smirk on before turning back on my heels and slamming our bedroom's door behind me.

As soon as I was in there alone, door shut, I sighed heavily.

Maybe this was exactly what I needed. Some space. Some time to think about all that's happened.

Hugging myself tightly, I made my way over to the sill where a window was situated and sat on it. I took out my phone from my pocket with its earphones still attached due to the last time I was listening to music in class and stuck them in my ears, relaxing as the wonderful sound of music reached my ears.

It was heavenly to sit by there, peacefully. No school, no dad, no Dylan, no Jace, no Aiden, and last but not least: no disguise.

I looked at the window and stared at the lonely buildings outside and immediately started pondering about my life. Something I now did on a daily basis- except, this was way peaceful.