Chapter 30

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Someone get this damn thing off! I swear it's worse than my alarm clock! 

Beep. Beep.

What in the world is that?

Why can't I move? Why can't I open my eyes?

You've got to be kidding me. All I can see is black.

Where the hell am I? What's going on?

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Shut up for goodness sake! 

I heard murmurs from somewhere but couldn't quite identify where it was coming from. Somehow, all I could see was black. The feeling? It's almost as if you're covered with a cloth on your head and being kidnapped.

That brings me back to the question... Where in the world am I?

All of a sudden, a bright light comes up from somewhere in the darkness. I found myself squinting even though I still hadn't managed to open my eyes yet.

What? Are my eyes like glued together or something? Why can't I open them? 

Wait a second... Am I dead? Oh god, I'm going to kill myself- if I'm not already dead, that is- if I go on with my questions.

After a while, my eyes adjusted to the light and opened slowly. I was taking my time cause I was too busy figuring out what happened. With the thousand questions in my mind, it was a wonder how I managed to open my eyes in just a second after a lot of attempts.

The first thing that I saw, however, was a closeup of the face of the doctor. I let out a yelp in surprise and shifted back a bit. 

The shifting had caused my shoulder to ache a lot and I shut my eyes tight to avoid the pain. It certainly was unbearable.

Then all the events came flooding into my mind. I was in the alley, couldn't find Dylan and Dad and then found out that Dad was the one who actually kidnapped Dylan. Then, we had fought and Dylan sneaked away. Not soon after, I had been hit by a bullet on my shoulder.

My eyes widened in realization.

"Am I dead?" I finally asked whilst holding my shoulder.

The doctor chuckled and moved a safe distance away from me. 

"I'm sorry about that, Ms. Winster," he said looking down at my shoulder before looking back up at me, "And yes, for the record, you are very much alive,"

I let out a breath of relief. Right then, I was attacked by someone and my shoulder throbbed so badly. It was so bad, but still better than what I felt at the alley. But no matter how less it was, it still hurt a lot. Enough to want to make me cry at least.

I was almost about to burst out due to pain when I saw who attacked me. 

It was Dylan. Forgetting about my shoulder, I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him just as tightly as he was hugging me. I smoothed out his hair while he sobbed as I hugged him. 

Quite some time later, I finally pulled away and looked straight into his eyes.

"You're safe," I whispered, tears in my eyes. Whether it was from the pain I acquired while hugging Dylan or the amount of happiness I received when I found out that Dylan was all safe and sound.

I checked his face and arms for any marks or scratches.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked him, not losing eye contact. He simply nodded in reply while shaking because of crying so much.