Chapter 12

Waking up today was not really hard today, I guess. If you mean waking up at 3:27 a.m. in the midnight, then yes, waking up was not so bad.

Considering the disturbing events from yesterday, I was actually pretty surprised that I managed to sleep.

What would you do if a person of you know is caught killing someone and is apparently some type of boss for a gang or something? You'd probably freak out but that wasn't my case. I was more like shocked. I just COULDN'T believe that this was happening.

It was something that I'd never expect would happen.

So, I put on a casual, white hoodie over my comfy, gray shirt and black slacks. I didn't think much about my appearance honestly.

I just went out and did what I usually do when I have a stressed mind or when I'm perplexed.. I went for a walk. You guys must be like: WHAT?!?! How can she go to a walk at 3:27 a.m?

Well, I do that so deal with it.

Grabbing my phone from its charger, I went out the door making sure to shut the door as quietly as possible. I didn't really want anyone to know that I left.

I plugged the earphones in and listened to the slow beats of the music slowly immersing myself in the song and the walk. I dug my hands into the pockets of my hoodie and walked up the street. Once, I had got bored of doing something so silent, I started jogging. I took three rounds of the same street and then landed up in front of my door again.

Clicking on the switch button of my phone, I checked the time. 4:15, it flashed.

Sighing dramatically, I took off for another round knowing that no one would get awake before 5.

This time I decided to take a different route, though. I took the route that passed through the park.

Another ten minutes later, I was strolling in the park. The weather was truly amazing and there was a slight breeze.

Overall, I was really enjoying myself. Just to enjoy the weather for a few more minutes before I headed back home, I seated myself on a bench. In my view, the swings were slightly shaking due to the wind and were empty. The slides looked as if they had been watered and the grass looked fresh. It must have rained today.

Everything looked so natural here unlike Boston. But Boston was the place where mom was there, where our happy family was there.

I didn't realize I zoned out until a few fingers snapped me out of my gaze.

I turned my head to see Aiden.

Wait.. back up.. AIDEN?!?!

What in heaven's sake is he doing here???

"Hey," he said looking at me weirdly.

"Umm.. hey?" I answered but it came out more like a question.

"It's like," he said looking at his watch, "4:25.. So what is a pretty girl like you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question," I said raising my eyebrow.

He shook his head lightly and chuckled.

"Couldn't sleep," was his answer.

"Well, you are not the only one who couldn't sleep on this world," I answered as calmly as I can.

"Yeah, I guess," he said and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

I rolled my eyes at him. What a jerk.. He's a bully at school and a flirt out.

"Have we met before? You look pretty familiar," he remarked.

I just laughed at that.. I could go like 'Yeah! Your my bully at school and you still get owned by me so bad'