Chapter 18

A/N: The cover on the top is another one made by izzzbeeela!!! The cover is awesome and I love it to bits!! I got another cover but I'll display it in the next chapter! So, once again, thanks! 

Back to the story:

*******************************************************************************************************

I woke  up, panting. I had a terrible nightmare that woke me up suddenly. I looked to my side to find a peacefully sleeping Dylan snoring lightly.

This boy over here is the most courageous and brave boy I've ever seen. He doesn't deserve any of this.. especially what happened last night.

It just ruined our day out together. He came back crying and thankfully, dad was sleeping so he didn't wake up.

I glanced at the clock and it said 3:25. Ugh! Not again!

I got out of bed, not being able to lay down anymore. Yesterday, I just stayed home instead of going to the bar; Dylan needed me that time and I wasn't going to leave him alone in a time like that.

I left a note beside him telling him not to worry if I came late, but I doubt that's going to happen. 

I put on my black Converse and threw on my black, leather jacket in case it was cold outside.

Finally ready, I opened the door, being greeted by a slight breeze and shut the door gently behind me.

I breathed the fresh air and set off to my unplanned destination. I relied on my feet to take me anywhere and absolutely any freaking, random place!

I passed by the park after an hour of walking reliving all the memories. Dylan crying, me fighting... I couldn't take it anymore and ran away. Far, far away.. to a place I had no clue about.

At least I kept track of where I was and hopefully- if I managed to take note of the paths correctly- I'll be able to reach home without any interruptions.

While walking and humming to a song I heard on the radio. A thought that had been bugging me ever since one evening at the bar.

What was Aiden doing there?

He fights too? How did he know about that place then? Not everybody stumbles across that place- it was actually quite complicated to get there. It was just by luck that day I found that place, but what about him?

This itself was another mystery, which I was keen on finding out. If I asked him anything right now, he would get suspicious and suspicions may lead to me being revealed- a risk I wasn't willing to take yet.

I was going to get my answer over time anyways.

Another question popped up. 

Why was Dad so distant these days? 

It felt so weird- him changing and all. 

Great! Of course, when I come out for a peaceful walk, my mind will absolutely crush me with these questions. 

But now that I opened up to those questions, I couldn't help but think about them.

Dad was keeping away from both me and Dylan nowadays. He was acting very strangely and being so peculiar.

This wasn't the Dad I always knew. He felt like he was keeping something from us.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't realize that almost two hours passed by so quick and I was already here in front of my doorstep.