Chapter 20

(Ashley's POV)

"Dad!" I called out as I finally thought of an excuse.

"Yeah, sweetheart?" he asked rubbing his hands with a towel as he finished doing the dishes.

"Dad, I forgot my books with Jace today. I'm going to go get it from him, I have a lot of homework today," I lied.

"Who's Jace?" he asked confused.

"He's the one who I tutored today, remember?"

He realized who I was talking about a few seconds later and he slowly nodded a couple of times, understanding.

"So can I go?" I asked hoping he would say yes.

"When will you be back?" he asked. 

"Umm.. around two hours, his house is pretty far from here," I explained.

"I don't know Roxy," he said rubbing his temple, "It's so late and..."

"Dad, I'll be fine," I told him.

"Alright, but two hours maximum," he said.

"I love you!" I exclaimed giving him a quick hug.

The cold breeze hit me in my face as I stepped outside. I pulled my jacket tighter around me and walked faster towards my motorbike.

As soon as I reached it, I pulled it out of the parking lot and started the engine. With a loud 'broom' it started and I sped off to the bar.

The engine slowly died out once I reached and I could hear the drunk people cheer from miles away! I shook my head and gulped as I thought of my ribs.

One of them was definitely broken, that's for sure. How I'm going to manage to fight today was another mystery on its own.

I observed closely as a guy knocked the other one out. Shaking my head, I waited for the next match to begin since I knew mine was right after that.

I cracked my knuckles and did a quick warm up, not even watching the ongoing match.

I caught sight of Luke and was just about to walk over to him when I saw him laughing loudly with a few friends whilst cleaning the glass with a towel. 

I would have not minded. But only if his friends were not the one and only Emmett and Aiden!!! 

Out of the whole world, of course, they just had to be them.

My nose flaring, angry as hell, I turned and stormed off in the other direction bringing my hood lower up to my nose.

On cue the host announced the winners and prepared to introduce the next ones. I ran over to my bag and wrapped my knuckles as fast as I could.

"Up coming, we have our star- new yet the best, the flame of the night... ASH!" I walked up, still surprised by the new title. I loved it.. The flame of the night. 

I sent a huge grin to him and he responded with a similar one. He had never seen my face yet knew that I was a girl due to my hair that shone brightly and captured the attention of everybody.

 Even though I was covering my face here in the bar, if you took a close look at me- you'd realize that I was definitely a girl.

Something I absolutely hated, but in all honesty, my red hair just complimented my green eyes and made a great combination with my pale skin. 

I didn't have freckles as most did and I could say for a fact that I was pretty, but hated hearing that from other boys.

If I was disguised, I wouldn't mind throwing a few punches at whoever said that. In Boston( where we lived before coming to Chicago) I did do that once and I think that guy went to the hospital.