Chapter 29

I could already see that this was going to be a tough match since we both knew the same techniques. 

Oh, the joy!

Note the sarcasm, by the way.

"Wait, where's Dylan?" he finally noticed as he looked around frantically.

"You're a dumbass if you think I'll actually answer that question," I told him, shaking my head before charging at him.

He was too busy trying to figure out where Dylan was that he was taken by surprise when I attacked him. I managed to give him a right hook before he realized what was going on and grabbed my fist halfway.

Too bad. I was already on my next mood and swung my leg and hit him straight on my face. His grip on my hand loosened but it didn't completely let go.

I swung my free hand as hard as possible and slammed it on his cheek. I gasped after I did that. I had never hit my dad, let alone slap him. Hell, I never thought I would ever hit him.

Apparently, he wasn't expecting me to go that far either since his jaw was dropped open and he stared at me in disbelief.

I gulped as soon as I saw his face change from one of that of disbelief to one of rage. To say he was angry was an understatement.

If it was humanly possible, he would be flaring steam out from his nostrils and ears and going redder by each passing minute. I swear, at that time, I could actually imagine dad like that.

He was furious. He was beyond furious, actually. It just took him a little while to process what had happened and now he was going to take action.

Now, you may be asking me? Are you that stupid? Why didn't you hit him right when he was surprised? 

You see, I was taken off guard by what I did as well. I never quite was expecting myself to do that... it just sort of happened.

I was so used to street fighting, that now, no matter who the opponent was, I managed to take them down using my techniques.

He narrowed his eyes at me and circled around, leaving me in the middle.

"Did you really think you could hit me and get away with it?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"No, I didn't," I barely whispered before falling on the ground and swiping my right leg so that he could fall down. It worked and he fell backwards. I took one of his legs and twisted them while he grabbed a handful of my hair.

He yanked my hair back- something which was not very pleasant- and I let out a scream. He got up while I was recovering from the pain and we were, once again, circling around each other, fists clenched by our chests.

We never lost eye contact and circled before I decided to make a move. Right at that moment, he punched me in my gut and knocked my breath out. 

It surprised me, it really did, as I normally would have defended myself against such easy hits. But, I didn't. I was too busy in thinking what I would do next rather than focus on what he might be planning to do as well.

This was the first time I wasn't completely focused on my opponent. Alright, let's face it- I was scared.

Dad was almost like my teacher, my idol. Now, he was completely wiped off that title, but I hadn't ever thought that a time like this would come.

I was unprepared.

But, I wasn't going to let him win this. I had mom with me. I had Dylan and I had Jace. I think that was enough.

I looked up at him with a cold look and slowly stood up straight. I went closer to him slowly and he took a few steps backward.

It was evident on his face. No matter how much he tried to get rid of it... he was scared of me too. And I was going to use that to my advantage.