Chapter 16

"Upcoming, we have Ash! She might be unknown as she usually fights earlier in the day, but she sure is one hell of a fighter!" The host introduced.

I sent a small smile to him before my face turned cold again and I proceeded towards the platform.

"Fighting with her, we have our hero; The one and only, Black Current!!!" the host exclaimed as a roar of cheers erupted from the crowd that was now gathering.

The guy, whose name was Black Current, advanced towards the platform and smirked at me.

He was around 6'1 and pretty built up.

Without breaking eye contact, he walked up to me.  

My own 5'7 body was very thin compared to his, and I looked fragile beside him- if you know me you'll know that I'm not.

"You want me to give you some good advice?" he whispered into my ear.

In response, I glared at him.

"I'll take that as a 'yes'," he said the smirk back on his face, "Go run away to your mommy. This isn't for girls."

I snorted with laughter.

"That was a joke right? Cause I'm pretty sure you'll be running away in the next few minutes," I retorted.

"Feisty, huh?" he said.

"Whatever floats your boat," I said rolling my eyes.

He opened his mouth to say something but the host interrupted and motioned to start.

We both nodded and took up our fighting stances.

As many do, he underestimated me. He started lightly almost as if pitying me.

I took this as an advantage and let him throw the punches first, only dodging them.

I could tell he was getting both bored and tired at the same time by his eyes. After quite some time, I switched from defense to attack mode which apparently took him by surprise.

Out of the blue, I kicked his shin to which he stumbled upon. Now that he was unbalanced, I kick him straight in the face and elbowed the same place once again.

He looked up and in those dark brown eyes of his were now anger and shock. I have a slight feeling that no one's ever hit him before. 

But, again, as mom always said: There's always a first!

'Okay, now focus..' my own mind told me.

I think I zoned out a bit because the next thing I know, there's a fist coming straight at my face, but I thankfully ducked it in time.

I threw a left hook which he defended. He tried to throw a punch which I caught in my hand and brought it down using all the strength I could muster considering that this guy was very strong. It wasn't quite an easy task if you ask me but I kept an emotionless face to be more intimidating.

He was surprised that I could even do that. His face was absolutely priceless. The horror and disappointment on his face was clear as he struggled to get away from my grip but couldn't.

Suddenly, I left it causing him to stagger a bit back since he was using his force to get his hand away, and faked a left hook but actually hit with my right.

This caught him off guard and he felt dizzy. I approached him and brought his face down to my knee and he finally fell over in defeat.

My hand was raised and soon enough money was seen passed around to the host and all my winnings were handed over to me by the host.