Chapter 6

No luck! No luck of finding any place for street fighting. I had been looking for three hours straight, and I didn't find anything!

I started to worry, get angry, and get impatient.

After a few more minutes of searching, it started to get dark so I decided to go back home and look for the place tomorrow as well.

This place was strange anyways, anybody could get lost But I guess I'm not anybody then...

Angrily, I stomped back to my bike and rode away.

I was actually pretty surprised that I found my way back home without getting lost.

As quiet as possible I tip-toed to pass by the living room and into my room.

But.. on the way there stood: Dad.

Sighing I stepped back on my heels since it was no use to tiptoe now...

"You didn't answer my question back then, where were you?"

"Oh, so now it's a crime to go for a walk?" I replied bitterly.

"It isn't! But this place is new to you. You can't just go around it like that!" Dad scolded.

"Dad, don't worry I'm used to it. And trust me I won't get lost." I assured.

"Fine," he growled finally giving in.

"Did you find a school for the both of you?" Dad asked curiously.

"Yes, Dylan's starts tomorrow and I'm not sure if I'm accepted or not... I'll tell you tomorrow since the school doesn't start until the day after tomorrow."

"Fine with me."

"Goodnight, dad," I told him before leaving.

I heard a faint goodbye and continued the walk to my room. Okay, I have to stop calling it my room; it's both Dylan and mine after all.

After finally reaching our room I opened one of the boxes labeled 'Nighties' and slipped the pajamas and an oversized shirt on.

Yawning, I switched the lights off and went to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wake up! We have to get to the school!!! Wake up Roxy!!!!" The young ten-year-old screamed into my ear.

"WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?" I screamed at him. No one and I mean it... No one disturbs me while I'm sleeping. Maybe with a few exceptions, such as this little one here who, at the moment, is screaming in my ear.

"Roxy! It's the first day of school today!" Dylan whined begging me to get up.

My eyes lit up. 'Shit'

Indeed, it was Dylan's first day today and I didn't even know where the school is!

Lazily, I got out of bed and wore my favorite black leather jacket on top of my oversized shirt and to not make it seem awkward I also replaced my pajamas with my blue ripped jeans.

Not even bothering to comb my hair, I got out of the room to find dad with a mug in his hand, reading the newspaper with his reading glasses on.

"Morning," I called out.

"Morning," he replied.

"Let's get going!" I told him faking my enthusiasm.

He glanced at me and then threw me the car keys. Since it was a very sudden movement I struggled to catch before I finally got a grip on it.