Epilogue (Chapter 31)

*11 years later*

(Ashley's POV)

"Sarah! I need you to put in more power and punch the bag! Come on, you can do it!" I told the ten-year old girl.

She nodded, looking very determined and punched the bag. It moved quite a lot this time.

"Good job, Sarah," I whispered with a small smile on my face and patted her head.

She look pleased with herself at that moment. I turned my head around to see another boy, Toby sulking in front of the bag.

I walked over to him, keeping a soft expression on my face.

"What's wrong, Toby?" I asked.

"Whatever I do, this bag doesn't move!" he complained and threw his arms up in frustration.

I took a deep breath in.

"Toby, you have to put in more strength and punch it stronger," I explained, "Here let me show you."

I took my position, my fists clenched to my side and punched the bag without the boxing gloves. Due to my many years of experience, I didn't feel a thing when my fist collided with the bag and sent the bag flying to the other side.

"It all takes experience," I whispered to him, "You know, it's just like the saying. Practice makes perfect,"

He nodded his head and clenched his fists against his chest.

"Let's do this then, Ms. Ashley," he said.

"Let's do this," I chuckled and ruffled his hair. He groaned when I did so, reminding me of Dylan. He used to groan like this when he was young as well.

He narrowed his eyes at the punching bag and hit it. He kept on hitting it and with a satisfied smile I walked over to the other kids.

You see, many years ago, I was shot and supposedly killed my own father. I got out of the case with my lawyer proving that it was all self-defense. I had two witnesses and a piece of evidence.

Dylan and I were overjoyed at the fact that he was going to be staying with me. There was absolutely no need for foster parents as long as I kept him safe.

A couple of people kept on coming to see us both every week for three months straight to make sure we were all good until that eventually stopped.

Now, Dylan was suffering in college. Just as I anticipated, he was one of the most popular guys in his college. Can't blame anyone though, he's my brother after all.

Back to the situation, I resumed my street fighting as a source of money, but made sure to keep away from the sights of the lawyers who were out there to take Dylan away from me.

What could I do? Dad had a lot of money in his account, but he hadn't named a person who would inherit it, so it just went for my hospital bills instead.

After finding out that Aiden was related to me, it only took a bit of time to find out that Emmett was too.

So, by law orders, they were forced to take us in as our only living family members. Dylan and I were ecstatic about living with Aiden- as he had slowly become my best friend- and Jace, but unfortunately, Emmett was where our problems began.

After a long time, we both finally accepted the fact that their was nothing we could about the current situation, but that didn't mean that we starting becoming friends.

Oh no. We both were and are still enemies. No matter the relationship, we will always have hatred for each other, though I must admit, pissing him off every day like that was very, very fun.