9 - Drake Lance

Scott comes up to me as i fix my locker during class. "You okay?" He asks me and I nod raising an eyebrow. I close my locker softly and look at him as he looks concerned. "You sure?"

"Scott you're scarring me?" I say looking around for any danger. "What's wrong?" I whisper to him and he hesitates scratching his head.

"You smell, awful." He says trying to make this positive.

"Thanks, that's nice to hear from the guy that you like." I sigh and look away from him.

"No, it's my werewolf sense, you smell like anger? Stressed out?" He squints his eyes and looks closer to me. "It's Sara isn't it?"

"Look i don't need help-"

"Drake, she cares and wants you."

"I didn't ask for advice Scott." I say and stuff my hands in my pockets. I take out a small box of pills and take a pill out. Scott grabs the box and shakes his head.

"What are you doing with your dad's medication?" He asks me worried. I ignore him and instead grab back my pills from his hands.

"Thanks for understanding." I say walking around him to get to class. Scott grabs my wrist and I turn towards him.

"Please, let Sara in. She needs you." He begs for me to forgive Sara for what she's done. I don't agree or disagree and instead I walk away when he lets go of my wrist.

____________

7:30 pm - Lance's household

"Drake, Sara is here!" Mom yells as I hear the doorbell ring. I turn around from the window with a view of the city from far and look over at the door being opened to Sara and- "Oliver what a surprise!" Mom says greeting Sara and Oliver.

"Just make this a positive family re-Union." Dad's voice runs through my head.

"I'll try." I mumble under my breath.

Oliver has flowers in his hands and hands them to my mom. "Oh Oliver these are beautiful thanks." Mom says grabbing the flowers.

"Thanks." Oliver says and I spot Sara and Oliver make their way towards me. Sara smiles lightly at me and passes by with Oliver behind her.

"Funny, I don't remember your last name being Lance." I say to Oliver in a mean tone trying to make him leave to have a nice family dinner.

"Oh well I didn't mean to crash the dinner party, but me and Sara were into each other and she mentioned the dinner." Oliver says and Sara looks over at Oliver, then me to explain their crazy lullabies.

"And I told him how dad was making his famous Chicken Alfredo!" Sara says smiling to make the room more positive and get rid of the negative aura.

"Well actually-" Dad says coming from the kitchen with pizza boxes in his hands and bumps into Mom and she chuckles with dad. "We're uh-" Dad spots Oliver and gets beaten down. Dad never liked Oliver because of the whole boat incident and he's been blaming it all on Oliver ever since. "Oliver?" Dad says confused and stares over at me and I shrug like always.

"Oh hey Mr.Lance." Oliver says knowing the hate relationship they had together. It gets weird and then Dad looks away from me and into Oliver and Sara standing next to each other.

"Yeah well, we're having pizza because I had an incident in the kitchen!" He says proudly smiling at himself to make this right for mom. "Well I guess that's what happens when you haven't used the kitchen in 6 years." He laughs and it's not funny. 6 years is the exact years that mom left dad with the divorce papers signed and everything else.