11 - Selina Kyle

I get back home terrorized and tired. I reach my apartment room and unlock the door. "Hi honey I'm home!" I yell walking in and closing the door from behind and locking it. I drop my keys on the table and hang my coat. "Honey!" I yell again and then I realize. "Oh wait, I'm not married." I say and chuckle a little.

Meow.

I hear Bella's soft meow. I walk towards the kitchen and remember to feed her and give her some milk. "Sorry I came home late!" I say to Bella and look over to the fridge. I open it and see I have 2 cartons of milk left. "You know Bella, instead of always checking out and in, you should be paying rent for us two." I say talking to her. I grab the carton and close the fridge walking to Bella's bowl. I squat down as she sits by the bowl waiting for me. I pour down the carton into the bowl and then stand back up.

I set the carton on the island counter in the middle of my apartment and walk towards to my home phone. I press the button to hear all the voice mails i received for the night. I walk towards my bedroom getting my bed ready to fall asleep. I also get myself ready to sleep as I take my heels off.

"Hey Selina it's me your mother, please call me back." My mom says and I honestly hate my mother. After all this time, she wants me back to forgive her for my childhood. BEEP. "This is you Selina, you need to go back to the office and get Shrek's speech ready for tomorrow." My voice says and I totally forgot.

"DAMMIT!" I yell and sigh, I put back my heels on and grab my keys. "I'll be back Bella! Don't have a party without me!" I say as I run to the door, I open the door and leave and shut it.

__________

I walk through the doors of the empty temporary office of Mr.Shrek's in Queen Corporate and see his computer. "There you are." I say and walk fast to the computer and sit in his chair. I grab the computer keyboard and set it where I'm comfortable at. I lay my hands pressing the keyboard to turn the screen on from Sleep Mode.

The computer screen wakes up and I find myself to a file that's locked but I don't mind it. I need to find the speech document then print it out. I find the folder of speeches and open the most recent one. I re-read the document making sure it's new and I see the date stamped on there.

File > PRINT OUT

Click

I hear the printer working and close out the speech. The file that's only open is the locked one now. What are you hiding from me Mr.Shrek? I decide to be the curious me and start typing in random passwords that he always has. I fail twice and sigh, if I fail one more time it'll send an email to him telling him that he got the passwords wrong, meaning he'll know I'll be here. I look around the room and see his dog statue.

Heidi. That was Mr.Shrek's favorite dog, and he always speaks about him to me and other people during his meetings. That should be his password since he uses that name in some of his older and more protected files.

I type in HEIDI and click enter. Access Granted. I see tons of blue prints and open them all looking at them one by one. These are the power plants that are being denied from Wayne, and Palmer. Why does he still have these? I raise an eyebrow and look more deep into it. The new power plant is going to be destroying the most sacred woods in Beacon Hills and the toxic chemicals that will be coming out will be coming into the city, even causing to kill people! That explains why he's here in Queens to get the money to build the power plant. 

I hear clacking foot steps from 15 feet away from me. My heart beat rises and I quickly stand back up, I close out all the files and grab the speech from the printer. "Selina what are you doing here?" Shrek says concerned raising his ugly white eyebrows. I gasp scared and walk away. Shrek stops me by grabbing my arm and pushes me back into the office.

"I was uh, just getting the speech prepared for tomorrow." I say and he nods. He looks over at the computer completely clean on the desktop. He chuckles a little and he gets close to me pushing me against a window pane.

"Selina I'm not that stupid I know you were on something else." He says with his deep scary voice.

"What? W-what are you talking about?" I say nervously and scared.

"I know you saw the files you can stop being stupid now!"

"How- how could you been so mean!" I say scared and anxious. Busted.

"What did curiosity do to the cat?"

"I'm no cat?.. I'm just an assistant." I say pausing and then remember my actual position. "secretary."

"A very good one."

"Too good?" I ask trying to calm him down and he shrugs his eyebrows.

"Listen Mr.Shrek it's our secret, honest!" I say scared as he pushes me against the window and leaves me in no way to escape this.

"This power plant is my legacy."

"Okay, intimidate me! Bully me if it makes you feel big." I say with chills raising up my spine. "It's not like you can kill me anyways." I say seriously and then he gets really serious.

"Actually, it's a lot like that." He says in his husky low voice with my back touching the glass of the window. I breathe heavily scared and he gets close to me.

"Huh!?" He jokes, and I'm saved by another joke. Thank god. He starts laughing and I laugh along with him as we both smile at each other cheerfully hoping to forget this situation.

"For a second there you really frightened me." I say laughing and then he turns his back towards me. Thank god, he's leaving! He then turns back around and then pushes me really hard against the window. I scream in pain and fall! As every story I fall off of I get saved by rain shelter sheets.

SPLAT