46 - Black Canary

Metropolis

After a couple of months from leaving S.H.I.E.L.D and being recruited by the Justice League of America with Steve, life has been easier without running around the world killing enemies of S.H.I.E.L.D.

That's what brings us in Metropolis, moving in here also brought my vigilante life back and meeting other super heroes. With Dad also moving into Metropolis with his new position, it makes my life easier to see him more often.

It makes all our lives easier

_________

I continue tracking down a truck of drugs and tonight I'm solo since Cap is somewhere in the city where he needs to be here helping me.

"C'mon let's get this stuff out of here." One of the henchmen speak. I check in into my comm trying to get in touch with Steve.

"Cap it's Black Canary, I'm at the warehouse? Where are you?" I say looking around hoping he would help me out with this drug stuff.

"Sorry babe!" Steve speaks as I hear people being punched.

"This is getting old Cap, need a hand?"

"No I got it, just sit tight! I'll be there in 10 minutes."

"Will those be real minutes or Captain America minutes?" I tease him as I'm not annoyed with him and never could be.

"Ah c'mon!" He chuckles and I roll my eyes adjusting my jacket. I continue watching as the henchmen unpack the boxes and open them.

Not drugs, guns.

I quickly jump on top of the truck as I hear an announcer speak about a fight on a laptop. The door to the truck starts to slide down and I see people back away and the laptop falling to the ground as the announcer continues to speak about a fight.

"Things are about to get ugly folks!" The announcer speaks through the laptop and it matches this exact moment. The three henchmen stand behind the laptop scared to see me.

"Kinda late for a charity drop off isn't it boys?" I say and pounce on to one of the henchmen and throwing him far to the floor. I jump in between the two thugs and punch them both in the face.

The thug that was on the floor quickly gets up running to me to tackle me and I leap over him as he crashes into another henchmen. Another henchmen comes to me trying to tackle me also but I dodge him and grab the henchmen's shirt and swing him to a box.

Another henchmen tries to tackle me also so I leap over the henchmen and wrap my arms around his as I get on his back and throw him to the box.

One of the henchmen get me from behind and wrap their arms around me holding me down

One of the henchmen get me from behind and wrap their arms around me holding me down. I quickly swing my head to the man's face and he lets go of me and I elbow him in the stomach, another henchmen comes also and I elbow him in the face before he does anything.