49 - Steve Rogers / Captain America

Metropolis Airport

"Thanks pat! Well folks we have a massive jam heading in and out of Metropolis international, blaming all on security putting in place for the royal arrival." The radio man speaks as I sit in the traffic waiting to pick up Drake from his recent mission.

"Hey! It's not every day that the crowned princess of Vlad pays a visit to our city, cut her some-" I turn off the radio very impatient on how bad traffic has gotten over the years that I've been frozen.

"Cut me some." I say mocking the radio and grab my smart phone took and call Drake. He doesn't answer it and it goes straight to his voice mail.

"Hi this is Drake, I can't get to the phone right now but I'll call you back-" the beep goes off and I speak into the phone leaving a message.

"Uh hey it's me, I know it seems like I'm late again, but uh I'll uh. I'll meet you in baggage claim! Bye." I say and I send the voice mail and throw my phone sighing loudly. "Smooth Steve, real smooth." I say rolling my eyes and dig my hands deep into my pocket and take out a ring case. "I mean it wouldn't have killed you to say I love you!" I talk to myself making a fool of myself. "I can't live without you. Please don't take a cab home." I watch the arrow turn green and the stupid car in front of me is still at a stop.

I stick my head out of the car angry at traffic now. "C'mon the arrow is green move!" I yell and the car finally moves noticing who I am. I drive into a parking lot on the top floor and I'm already late for Drake because of this darn traffic.

I quickly get out of my car looking on the edge to spot Drake anywhere on the baggage claim area but I can't find the blonde 24 year old anywhere. The place is crowded obviously and I sigh. "Well at least he's not waiting for a cab." I say and then turn, I suddenly spot someone I fought a couple years ago with Drake coming out of a cab.

"Wait a minute, I know that guy." I watch him take out his bag from the trunk and I quickly take my phone out snapping s photo of him to see any recognition. "Is that-" I say and the photo gets scanned on my phone and then a file pops up. "Merlyn."

What's he doing here?

Thankful I bought my suit in the trunk also.

I get dressed in my Captain America costume and head into the the terminal where the princess is to guard her from any trouble from Merlyn. People start to scream as small arrows shoot down the guards from out of nowhere.

No, the cameras!

People start to scream and everyone leaves the terminal as the only people are the princess, assassins, and me. I see a gun being pointed at the princess and I make my move by throwing a smoke pellet on to the ground causing a thick gas of smoke to come out. The killers start to cough and I swing down on a zip line.

"Sorry I'm late!" I say making an entrance as I take down the coughing killer. "But you try changing clothes in a Range Rover." I yell and throw my shield at the guard as he flies away. My shield flies back as I walk to the princess to greet myself.

"Captain America, Justice League of America." I introduce myself to her and get down on my knees. "I'm here to help." I say nicely as the 11 year old princess is terrified. I turn around hearing two henchmen come out coughing and I grab the princess as we head up stairs. The henchmen shoot at us but miss as I run fast holding the princess on my shoulders.