31 - Drake

Police Precinct; 9:15 AM 👮🏻🚔

I walk into Dad's office with Scott behind me as we drop off coffee and a sandwich for dad's lunch. "Dad I got you a-" I walk in and see my mom standing in front of Dad's desk dressed in a blue dress. "Mom?" I say confused and Scott steps in.

"Ms.Lance?" Scott hesitates and looks at my mom. He looks at me confused and I do too. I hug mom and hold her tight.

"I didn't even know you were coming to town?" I say disappointed on me and dad's communication skills. I look at Dad who stands up from his desk walking towards me. I let go of mom and Scott hugs her after me.

"Well I guess that's my fault since I though you could do a little surprise." Dad says patting my shoulder friendly.

"Of course I wanted to spend New Years with my family, so where's Sara?" Mom asks getting next to Dad and Scott grabs my hand quickly holding it. "She hasn't been returning my calls." Because she's dead.

"Uhh, yeah." Dad says acting as if he knew where Sara was. "Shea's traveling." He doesn't know that Sara is dead yet and it destroys me to pretend and lie more and more to their face.

"-backpacking." I quickly say to act as if I knew. I look at mom who gives me a weird look as if she knew I was lying. "Through the Andes." Mom gives me a sad disappointed look to know Sara isn't here for New Years and neither for Christmas. "I think." I look down to the floor and sigh. Scott holds my hand tighter and nods going with the lie.

"So Scott you're in the family now too?" Mom asks him and Scott smiles.

"I think I am." Scott says and everyone chuckles and I chuckle also to make it not so awkward.
________________
Blue Cafe; 7:40 PM ❄️☃

I sit across from mom on the table explaining my relationship with Scott. "He's a great guy mom, he's so nice and protective of me." I say being bored a little with this dinner she invited me to get close again.

"Something's happened?" She says after sipping on her cappuccino. She sets her cup back down to the table and looks at me worried and scared.

"What?" I say confused knowing she could see through my lies. She always could and did and I don't know how. "No, nothing's happened." She looks right into my eyes and I see tears getting ready to leave her eyes.

"It's Sara.. Isn't it?" She says worried and she knows. How? "When I mentioned her earlier you seemed so broken,"

"Mom." I say with a small smile to disguise my real emotions. "Sara's fine, she's just being Sara."

"There are some things that are mothers are good at, and you're hiding something." I look at her guilty and broken leaving my smile away. "I know it, just like how I was the only one who knew that Sara didn't die on that boat. I had this feeling! That I would see her again, and right now that feeling is... It's gone!" I don't respond to her and let her find out herself as she sees through my lies. She then looks at me and tilts her head. "She's dead?" I nod slowly and then she cover hers mouth from crying in public.

"Mom." I quickly grab her other hand holding it tight. "Sara, she was involved with some very very dangerous people, this has to remain a secret." I tell her and if she doesn't keep her mouth close dad will die. "At least until we figure out what exactly happened." Until I or Nyssa and Oliver find Peter.