Chapter 2

"I was just 'tryna have a word," he stated as his hand collided with the side of my face,
"next time don't be such a bitch about it."

The next part was a bit of a blur, but when my vision returned to normal, the pain in my cheek had increased, the two boys were no where to be seen and there was blood dripping from my lip.

I immediately ran to the bathroom before anyone else came around the corner.

I 'admired' the slice on my upper lip before quickly wetting a paper towel and wiping up the blood.

I came out of the bathroom with caution, but the halls were completely deserted. Probably because it was class time..

The class I was missing was history, I only had history once a week but that was once too many. I sit beside Michael in history.

Michael and I were best friends from childhood right up until starting high school.. because that's when he met Luke and the two boys began to bully me, Luke hits me all the time, but Michael has never raised his hand to me, but he's never stopped Luke.
I just don't understand why they hate me and why nobody else sees it.

"Miss Carter, you're late. Again."
"Sorry, sir."
"Where's my explanation?"
"I was in the bathroom."
Same excuse.
Every time I'm late for anything, it's because I'm in the bathroom.

I took my seat at the back beside Michael and took my books out of my bag.
"You're always in the bathroom, Gemma." He smirked.
"And whose fault is that." I stated rather than asked.
"Luke's"
"Well I wouldn't know because I can't remember anything except for the two of you being assholes to me like you do every other day of my life. You know Michael, you wouldn't be that bad of a person if you hadn't of started hanging around with Luke, I used to like your company and now all I want to get out of life is for the two of you to just fuck off."

I give Michael cheek all the time when it's just the two of us, never in front of Luke though.

I ignored Michael for the rest of the lesson, not that he made an attempt to talk to me anyway..

The bell rang for lunch and I practically sprinted out of the classroom; Michael is in my class, Michael has a best friend who meets him after all his classes.. it kind of adds up.

I bring a lunch with me to school so I don't have to eat in the lunch hall and therefore can avoid any food-related mishaps the two boys could cause in front of the majority of the school.

--------------------

Lunch is safe, sort of..
I got pushed into the lockers a few times while walking around the school, but that's nothing that hasn't happened before, shoving me into lockers is always what I pray for.
Anyone in their right mind would rather a bruise on their arm than blood dripping from their face.

The last few classes of the day are quiet and calm, neither of the boys were anywhere to be seen.