Chapter 49

After the kiss, the long kiss, Luke pulled away showing off his perfect white teeth by smiling ear to ear.
I was doing the exact same thing.

We stayed as close as we were and just stood in his kitchen smiling like idiots at one another.

"So.. Is that a yes?" Luke asked, holding his lip ring between his teeth.
"Well...-"
"Gemma, I've told you everything! I've done whatever I can, what more do I have to do to get you to feel the same wa-"
"I do feel the same way, exactly the same way!
I like you a lot, Luke!"
"Then what's the problem?"

"Ashton.."
Luke let out a frustrated sigh and let go of my waist and moved back over to where the counter was.

"He knows how you've been towards me. There's no way he'll approve of us dating."
"Maybe he doesn't have to!"
"He's like a brother to me, if he doesn't approve then it can't happen."
"Yeah, but Gemma he can't disapprove if he doesn't know!" Luke said, grabbing my forearms and pulling me closer to him again. Hope evident in his voice.

"What?"
"We don't have to tell him!"
"Word will get around, Luke. You say something to one person in school and it spreads like wildfire."
"Then we don't have to tell anyone! Just you and me."

"You really think that'll work?"

I didn't realise just how much I actually liked Luke until I found out he liked me, it's that feeling of relief when you pass a test you didn't study for or the excitement when you get picked for a sports team after feeling that you played terrible or that feeling when your crush compliments you and all of a sudden a huge mass of butterflies erupt in your stomach.. That's how Luke makes me feel.

"I'm willing to try if you are?" He smiled hopefully.
"Okay then. Yes, Luke I'll be your girlfriend." I smiled and he connected our lips again for like the third time today, but hey, I'm not complaining.

--

I got home and my mother was completely fine with the fact that I had spent the night with a boy in a place that she probably didn't even know existed which didn't make much sense or seem like good parenting if you ask me, but she didn't mind because she saw it as a chance for Luke and I to "bond" since his parents said yes to the timeshare.

I was excited for school, I was excited to see Luke for once but mostly to see how it goes.
We decided that it would probably be a good idea to try and get our friends closer together to see how they stand being around each other and then maybe tell them about the two of us.

I quickly sent Ashton a text before packing my bag for today.

a friend of mine is going to give us a ride to school, that okay with you? x

I got a reply almost instantly.

Ash🙃: yeah that's cool, be at yours in 10 x

"GEMMA ASHTON'S HERE" my mum yelled basically ten minutes later.
I was making my way downstairs when I heard a car horn beep and when I got to the bottom of the stairs, Ashton was looking out the window.
"Gemma? Why is Luke Hemmings in your driveway?"
"Surprise..?"

a/n - holy shit how do I even end this book?!