Chapter 39

"Justin, can we not talk about this please?"

"Gemma, do you wanna hear about what a fuck up Luke is?" Justin laughed, once again making eye contact with me through the rear view mirror.

"No she does not!" Luke began before turning in his seat to face me,
"No you do not!"

"I'd love to." I simply stated.
I figured if Luke can treat me like shit without actually having a reason, then I should be able to hear one possibly embarrassing story from his past.

Justin turned the car in to a small diner at the top of the street that my house was on and the three of us got out and sat in a booth.

Justin and Luke were sitting facing me.

"What're we doing here?" Luke moaned.
"I'm here to tell Gemma what a fuck up you are." Justin smiled.
"Dude, no!"
Justin laughed, "I'm away to get us all a drink, then I'll begin the story."

Justin got out of the booth and made his way up to the counter seeing as it looked like no one was coming to take orders, which just left Luke and I sitting in silence.

"How come you were on a date with Dylan yet you had to call Justin to come get you?"
Luke asked, breaking the silence.
"Is that really any of your business?"
"Well considering if I had've said yes when Justin asked if I minded, you'd be walking home, I think it is."

I sighed.
"He had somewhere to be."
Luke laughed.
"What's so funny?"
"Gemma, he's your boyfriend! He's supposed to stay with you or drop you home or take you with him. He's supposed to do cute but cheesy and cliché things. He's supposed to give you butterflies when he touches your hand or arm or whatever, he gives you his jacket when it's cold even though he'll freeze, he puts your needs before his own and he listens to you and never lets you pay, that's what a boyfriend is supposed to be. And I know my cousin, was Dylan anything like that tonight?"
"N-not really.. No."
"See, God Gemma you're so stupid! You deserve better than that piece of shit."
"You really don't want me to date your cousin, do you?"
He let out a frustrated sigh and stood up and stormed out to the car.

Justin came back to the table with three glass bottles of Coke, "where's Luke?"
"He stormed off into the car."
"Fuck." Justin mumbled, "I'll tell you the story some other time, I should probably get him home if he's in a mood." Justin laughed slightly and got up and payed the woman for our drinks and lifted all three bottles in to the car and distributed them.

The short ride left to my house was silent and Luke was looking out the window the whole time.

We had just pulled in to my driveway.
"Goodnight, Gemma. I'm sorry about wasting time with the diner detour." Justin smiled.
"I'm sorry you've got such a piece of shit boyfriend." I heard Luke mumble.
I wiped it off and thanked Justin before entering my house.

When I got up to my room I heard my phone buzz, it was the first time Dylan had texted me since we arranged to go the cinema.

Dylan❤️: guess what
-
What? x
-
Dylan❤️: Liz wants me to keep getting an education while I'm here..
-
So what is that supposed to mean? x
-
Dylan❤️: I'm temporarily going to West Ridge! I START TOMORROW!

a/n - these two are early this week because I'm going away for my spring break